Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

GAC-Great Animation Combos System for Unity 2D/3D (GAC ACCESS IS HERE)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by crafTDev, Jul 30, 2013.

1. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey that happens because the demo package has an old version of the Toon Shader.

Delete the Shader/Toon Shading folder and reimport it from the Standard Assets/Effects.

Thanks,
    jrDev

2. rubble1

rubble1

Hi again.
    Is this still getting the plygame update??

3. gambitslacklines

gambitslacklines

Hmm its kinda weird, if iam trying to setup my animations it only shows the first State in the list, nothing else.

I got a lot substatemachines so do i understand it right that GAC cant read the animations out of the substatemachines?

crafTDev likes this.
  4. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey daniel_coes,

I know I said I would try to get plyGame support in version 1.9 but I wasn't able to because of the considerable amount of features I had to work with. Bugs are a time sucker also, and I am a person who doesn't like to release something with known bugs. So plyGame support is officially set for v2.0. Hang tight and thanks for your patience.

Thanks,
    jrDev

5. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey gambitslacklines,

This is currently in v1.9. If you want an early Beta you can send me email with invoice.

Thanks,
    jrDev

6. rubble1

rubble1

Well I'm really glad to hear it's still in the works.

7. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello guys,

I want to apologize about the long stretch without any updates or information. Truthfully, I wasn't able to continue working on finishing version 1.9 in the past 2 weeks because of a hectic work schedule. Just wanted to reassure you guys that I am going to continue my work starting today, and productivity will get better after back to school season is over (in a week after labor day). I appreciate patience as always.

Thanks,
    Eric.

8. paradyze

paradyze

Hello, when you will release version 1.9? Thanks

9. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello paradyze,

I have been working on GAC v1.9 daily whenever I get the time and I've been mostly trying to squash bugs left and right. I fix one bug, another pops up. Based on my tests today, I have squashed most of the glaring ones (I'm pretty sure there are more) and am working on updating all InControl and Control Freak scripts for compatibilities. If you want you can contact me through my email with your Invoice Number and you can get in on the beta.

Thanks,
    jrDev

UnleadedGames likes this.
  10. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

If ya read this before I get a hold of ya later, I got the damage semi working with the GAC.TargetHit script on the enemy. It still hits multiple times per button release in the combo(like twelve hits per anim.), but I realized last night that it has to do with how wide I set the slider in the GAC component OnHit per anim.

I wish there was say a bool in gac.cs to only allow it to happen once per update cycle, and the onHit is great for picking when to make the hit happen, though ya might reconsider having the slider that makes the hit happen over multiple frames, or make it only able to happen once within the slider width.

11. paradyze

paradyze

Hello jrDev, is it possible to have multiple GAC's on the same scene? for example i want to execute combos on my character, but also i want a npc to execute combos on me, im using GAC.PlayTheAnimation.. but ofc if there are more than one GAC instance it will give error, thanks

EDIT

Ok i fixed it. Thanks

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    crafTDev likes this.
  12. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

I think it is possible, it's just a matter of having a hit tracker component on your player character and a script to snd the dmg msg on hit to him.

13. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey paradyze,

I know you did you figure it out but I also want to let everyone know that yes you can call PlayTheAnimation on any game object that has GAC component in the scene just by using the reference of a game object like this as you see with myPlayerGO:

PlayTheAnimation(myPlayerGO, "Attack1 ", 1);

Also to everyone, after some beta testing of version 1.9, we found that Context Variables has some missing code that prevents Context Variables from working as intended. I know some were asking about this and I apologize for inconvenience. It's fixed and on its way in v1.9. As always if you are interested in getting Beta contact me.

Thanks,
    jrDev

14. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys!

Great news!

I'm currently working on demos for each Input Source feature of GAC (Touch Gestures/ uGUI etc) to test out everything before submitting (making sure there are no code breaking bugs, which I have found plenty of) but would like you all to know I will be submitting this week! Whoo!

Thanks,
    jrDev

15. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Excellent, congratz.

16. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello guys,

I want to apologize on the release of version 1.9 that I keep promising to release but I have continued working on the demos after the thanksgiving break and hope to finish this week.

With that said, I didn't announce this but GAC is now on sale for 50% off which was for Black Friday weekend but now sale until the next version launches. So grab if you have been waiting!

Thanks,
    jrDev

17. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

For all those sitting on the fence about buying this, don't.lol

I use it exclusively for melee combat in all my games, and the upcoming features will blow your mind(The upcoming features will open the opportunities for finishing moves via messages, and in my case stealthkills if your AI is set to receive them!!!).

It works extremely well with Ootii's Motion controller, which also just hit a big update where you can Walk On WALLS, wrap your head around those combat possibilities.

18. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey kuro,

Just want to say thanks for the awesome support you have given me. This kind of response helps GAC reach new heights and exposure and I appreciate it. This is why I am trying to make v1.9 as awesome and with little bugs as possible. The improvement over v1.8 is massive in practically every department.

Just as a reminder too if you purchase through Sellfy and tweet about it you will be getting an instant 20% off for a whopping total of 70% off! So take advantage if you can.

Thanks,
    jrDev

19. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

GAC v1.9 is not finalized yet, but I am still focusing on it even through this holiday season. I have already created a 2016 Resolution to not announce a release time for something if I am not ready to submit to reduce false hope. Version 1.9 is almost done but I can't be sure if some unforeseen breaking error might show up during testing (I always seem to break something else after I fix a current bug) so I won't say when yet.

To alleviate the wait, I have a something nice for GAC coming up tomorrow. Just follow on twitter handle @jrDevArts and watch at noon for something, also sale will go on too for now! :D

Thanks,
    jrDev

hopeful likes this.
  20. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey again,

Also for anyone that are adding me to Skype, you need to contact me by email to confirm you are doing so with you Skype name, so I know who you are to accept your request.

Thanks,
    jrDev

21. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

The Countdown to 2016 Contest begins now. Follow @jrDevarts tweets to get the contest puzzles and win free copies of GAC!

Thanks,
    jrDev

22. crafTDev

crafTDev

23. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Contest drawing for today has ended. Thanks to those who participated. Look for another contest tomorrow at 12 Noon!.

Thanks,
    jrDev

24. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys, congrats to yesterday's winner.

Here is the link to the new tweet for today's Contest puzzle. https://twitter.com/jrDevarts/status/681882680192012289

Also here were the previous puzzles and the current puzzle:

SILHOUETTE NUMBER 1 - BAYONETTA

SILHOUETTE NUMBER 2 - SCORPION

SILHOUETTE NUMBER 3
    CLICK THE LINK ABOVE OR IN THE OP AND RETWEET TO JOIN IN THE CONTEST!

Thanks,
    jrDev

25. montyfi

montyfi

Hi Eric, I want to say thank you for the key!
    I have had GAC in my wish list for a long time, but was not sure if I really need it. Now I have a perfect chance to check and see if it can simplify my work. I will rate and write comments as soon as I start implementing combat system for my game. Thank you again and Happy New Year!

26. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey montyfi,

No problem!

Let me know if you need anything. Also I have v1.9 fully tested now, just need to do the feature video. If you want you can contact me for early update copy, because I recommend you start using v1.9 in projects because of the multitude of improvements.

Also, the last few minutes is left in the contest for today. Here is yesterday's and today's puzzle. https://twitter.com/jrdevarts/status/682306105796616193

SILHOUETTE NUMBER 3 - EZIO

SILHOUETTE NUMBER 4

27. montyfi

montyfi

Thank you, I can wait, currently busy with world design anyway.

28. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Features:
    Advanced AI Pro
    Turboscalpeur grasses and ferns.
    Realistic grasses from asset store.
    Bamboo and 1 grass from big Asian Environment pack.
    Gaia Random terrain session i made(new feature)
    Tengoku Dynamic Sky
    Playway Water system
    Scoin for post processing,
    2 speed trees included with Gaia,
    Motion Controller, and Adv. Camera.

As promised, here's some combat with G.A.C. and Motion Controller, and Adv Cam!!!;):

If I hadn't of got that headshot he woulda whooped me(he has 2500hp), I think 5 bodygaurds is too many.lol

Keep in mind I've only set up a 3 hit combo for this weapon, I'm working on some other things before I add the running, jumping, and charge attacks.

crafTDev likes this.
  29. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey Kuro,

That is REALLY impressive man. Good to see everything going great in development. I am going to be on Skype tonight and if you want, you can test out the tweaks/fixes I've made to quite a few things since the last Beta.

Thanks,
    jrDev

kurotatsu likes this.
  30. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

I know it is redundant now, but I forgot to post the last 2 winning silhouettes for the contest.

SILHOUETTE NUMBER 4 - NATHAN DRAKE

SILHOUETTE NUMBER 5 - LINK

Welcome to all new users of GAC!

Thanks,
    jrDev

31. kurotatsu

kurotatsu

Yeah, I skyped ya a msg yesterday, I'll try to catch ya tonight.(UNIIIIIITE, snicker....)

32. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Here is v1.9 Demo to test. Click Here.

I have been trying to get this embedded into my website but it isn't working so far. If anyone has insight into embedding webgl builds into iframe for blogger or other website let me know. I'll post the combos that can be performed in a few. Happy Monday!

Thanks,
    jrDev

33. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey there guys,

I wanted to drop off this new Overview video for version 1.9. Release is imminent :D. Which means the 50% off Sale is ending soon, so go grab a copy now!

PS: I have a new website (shown off in the video) but it is not ready yet, it will be when GAC v1.9 is officially on the Asset Store and Sellfy.

Thanks,
    jrDev

34. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that GAC v1.9 is FINALLY submitted to Unity Asset Store and will be up on Sellfy shortly. Its been a long time coming! YAY! Cheers! :D

Thanks,
    jrDev

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  35. MrWilson

MrWilson

Sound effect section, this is a great improvement. Had a very clumsy method to deal with this myself, good work!

36. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys!

Happy President's Day!

I just want to let everyone know that GAC v1.9 has launched on the Asset Store and updates sent out to Sellfy users! Also check out the NEW WEBSITE and the Forums there to start a nice GAC community. This forum will still be checked and updated with information but I recommend everyone start to migrate their questions over to the official forums. Enjoy the update and let me know if you have any questions!
    Hey MrWilson,

Yea, this section is cool and simple to use!

Thanks,
    jrDev

davidkrings likes this.
  37. slimshadybaby

slimshadybaby

I'm 2D game and the X movement doesn't seem to be working.. The Y works fine..

38. slimshadybaby

slimshadybaby

39. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey,

Sorry for the delay, I will check it out and get back to you. You should also post this in the official forum on the new website so it can be easily found if someone else has this question.

Thanks,
    jrDev

40. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey again,

So I've tested it and it seems to be working for me. Did you add the necessary 2D Rigidbody? Make sure in the Animations Setup menu, the Movement Component is set to 2D with Rigidbody and then click the Rigidbody(2D) button if it is green to add a Rigidbody component to the game object. GAC also has the warning alert when it needs the component. Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
    jrDev

41. slimshadybaby

slimshadybaby

Is it possible to add an item to the game that switches the players whole combo list? Or a way to unlock a certain combo at a certain level?

42. crafTDev

crafTDev

Yes, you can do this through context variables. I am working on finishing up the tutorial video but you can go to the docs here to learn more. http://jrdevarts.com/contexts-setup

Basically you would declare a variable for eg.

Code (CSharp):
    1. int comboLevels;
    Then follow the instructions on the API page for like a level 2 combo:

Code (CSharp):
    1. comboLevels =
    2. JrDevArts.GAC.UpdateContext(player, "Combo Level", "Int", "Equal", "2");
    Make sure this variable is also setup in the Context Setup menu.

You should also read the Context Setup section of the QuickStart steps http://jrdevarts.com/gac-quickstart-guide

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
    jrDev

43. slimshadybaby

slimshadybaby

You sir are a genius. Thanks for this and your whole system. One more question, is there a way to add a combo list for a separate character class? Say I have warrior and fighter and I want them to have different combos.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  44. crafTDev

crafTDev

Yes the same way; through Context variables.

45. rubble1

rubble1

Hi Kurotatsu.
    Is there anything special you need to do to set it up with the Motion Controller? The MC itself uses its own motions, do you just overide those with GAC, or build them into a special motion?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  46. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

A new minor update 1.9.1 is coming to fix some errors; one of which requires having the Standard Crossplatform inputs in place for uGUI. You can import that manually but it will be readily available in the GAC package. Will also have few little features like access to setup hit detection with your own custom events. Stay tuned!

Thanks,
    jrDev

47. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

The new update has been submitted to Unity Asset Store and is now up for Sellfy users right now. Go ahead and grab update Sellfy users!

Version 1.9.1
    -Added the missing Standard Assets CrossPlatformInput to the GAC folder; it is necessary for use with uGUI Activators and fixes the missing script error
    -Added InAnimationFrameRange call to check for when within animation play time ranges which is perfect for custom compatibility with 3RD party hit detection systems and other custom use cases
    -Added GetCurrentAnimationTime to return the current animation time of the Animator State (Mecanim) which is not the normalized time
    -Added new actions/nodes for Playmaker and uScript for the new calls above; updated other actions
    -Added a restriction to having only one "Input Response Debug" objects in the scene
    -Added Input Response Debug object to create an Event System automatically when added to scene if none found
    -Changed the color coding status of Use As Starter and Use As Charging Idle buttons. When they are On the button is GREEN and Off it is RED instead of the previous setup.
    -Tested to now support Smooth Moves right out of the box with it using Legacy Animations
    -Fixed a bug that removed the "None" index string from the Starter Animation popup when there are no starters available that left the popup list blank and unclickable
    -Other small bugs and fixes

Noticed the bolded section? Yes, I tested Smooth Moves with GAC and it works right out of the box because it uses Legacy Animations. Other 3rd Party assets will be tested in the coming weeks to see if they are compatible immediately. Stay tuned!

Thanks,
    jrDev

48. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

So I have been working on the Rewired support for GAC and now I have it in Beta, if anyone wants an early test, drop me an email.

Thanks,
    jrDev

49. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys!

V1.9.2 has hit the Asset Store and will be on Sellfy in a few hours!

Version 1.9.2
    -Added Rewired Support
    -Added a 0.5s buffer for Sequence Activator triggering making it easier to trigger sequence activators
    -Added the option to choose initially to use child objects as the animation root for GAC to retrieve animations from
    -Changed the required direction range to be smaller at 0.1 to trigger joystick/dpad direction recognition easier
    -Changed the names of the Playmaker and uScript Actions and Nodes so they don't clash if in same project
    -Fixed error in the Input Response Debug that prevented the GUI from updating unless selected
    -Fixed a few Legacy Animation bugs that were missed in the previous version
    -Fixed the OwnerDefault bugs with the Playmaker Actions
    -Fixed a bug to catch if Activator animation index goes out of range
    -Fixed a bug to catch if Starter popup index goes out of range
    -Fixed a bug that had the animations reference prepopulated before adding from the animation slots, which broke activator setups
    -Other small bugs and fixes

More info and videos coming soon!

Thanks,
    jrDev

50. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Let me get this out of the way; version 1.9.2 has been on Sellfy since yesterday.

Next, I just released a new video on the Plugins Setup Menu. More info can be found here http://jrdevarts.com/plugins-setup

Thanks,
    jrDev