Search Unity

GAC-Great Animation Combos System for Unity 2D/3D (GAC ACCESS IS HERE)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by crafTDev, Jul 30, 2013.

1. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

I am eager to show off what the new features available in GAC are, especially for those that were not part of the Beta test so here is the new OverView Video for version 1.8. Enjoy!

Thanks,
    jrDev

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  2. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello guys,

Just want to let you guys know that version 1.8 was submitted to Unity and will be on store shortly!

Also I want to let you know that it also will be on sale when it launches for $30!

I will update the OP in a few hours.

Thanks,
    jrDev

3. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that 1.8 is now on the Asset Store! Look forward to a surge of info coming with updated OP in a few hours!

Thanks,
    jrDev

4. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

First, OMG! V1.8 is finally out! :-D

Second, I have made the decision to drop support for DFGUI starting with this version because of the developer officially stopping development of the product. I've had a problem with DFGUI since the first time I started support, I contacted the dev but it still wasn't fixed, so I can't dedicate much time to keep support. I apologize to anyone using DFGUI...

Lastly, GAC is on sale till next week so grab it while you can!

Docs are being updated throughout the day!

Thanks,
    jrDev

5. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

The QuickStart Steps has been fully updated and I'm working on individual feature docs now and accompanying video tutorials.

Also get on sale now it will be over by the end of this weekend and goes up to new price of $50!

Thanks,
    jrDev

6. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Just FYI to those who don't mind purchasing on Sellfy, there is also an Extra 20% by clicking the link to tweet or post about GAC in addition to current 40% off promo! So jump in while you can before its over this weekend!

Thanks,
    jrDev

7. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys!

I will be submitting an update today, v1.8.1 which will include a new context type called Parameters which basically references Animator Controller Parameter variables and controls their values that then can be used for Activators and Combo sequences.

After Unity accepts this update, GAC sale will be over so grab a copy now before the sale ends!

Thanks,
    jrDev

8. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys, just want to mention one year today is when GAC was released. So Happy Birthday to GAC and with this coming weekend I have something special happening. I'll keep you posted.

Also the sale is still on so grab before Unity updates!

Thanks,
    jrDev

9. Hazor

Hazor

Happy Birthday GAC ! Glad to see 1.8 finally out :) Keep it up !

10. crafTDev

crafTDev

Thanks, Hazor.

Since Unity hasn't updated the version yet (GDC?), the sale is still on and that's good because this is GACs birthday week. So go grab a copy before Unity updates Asset Store. Also I will be giving away a Free Voucher for GAC this weekend to celebrate birthday, so stay tuned for details.

Thanks,
    jrDev

11. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

To celebrate the end of GACs birthday week and also to end off the awesome Unity3D GDC week, I am giving away 2 free Asset Store GAC vouchers and 3 specific 90% discount codes for Sellfy.

The rules are:
    1. Email me the answers to each anagram by 11:59 EST 3/8/15.
    2. Prizes are given in order of email times received; so 1st and 2nd winners gets Voucher and 3-5th winners get 90% off from Sellfy; so close to free :)!
    3. Sellfy discounts must be redeemed by 11:59 EST 3/9/15
    4. Have fun! That's it!

Solve the jumbled up letters of names for popular video game characters and the game series they represent.

• UNLICH
    • ORKATS
    • CORN PISO
    • DOR ICH
    • RUG UM ISIT
    • USSMA
    • TENAD
    • TISHY USO MI
    Good Luck!

Thanks,
    jrDev

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  12. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Some contest prizes are still available if anyone is interested!

Thanks,
    jrDev

13. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey,

Contest ending in 2 more hours. All prizes not won yet.

Thanks,
    jrDev

14. gshape

gshape

Happy birthday to GAC! Keep it up and hope to see GAC keep growing better! :)

Alright, back to my topic, I have a bug report. I installed Unity 5 latest version (personal edition) and updated my project and found that the latest build 1.8 of GAC giving me error as below. Hope that the coming version will fix it. Thanks.

Assets/JrDevAssets/GAC - GreatAnimationCombos/Editor/GAC_Editor.cs(1259,101): error CS0122: `UnityEditor.Animations.AnimatorController.layerCount' is inaccessible due to its protection level

Assets/JrDevAssets/GAC - GreatAnimationCombos/Editor/GAC_Editor.cs(1278,149): error CS1061: Type `UnityEditor.Animations.AnimatorController' does not contain a definition for `GetLayer' and no extension method `GetLayer' of type `UnityEditor.Animations.AnimatorController' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/JrDevAssets/GAC - GreatAnimationCombos/Editor/GAC_Editor.cs(1284,107): error CS0122: `UnityEditor.Animations.AnimatorStateMachine.stateCount' is inaccessible due to its protection level

Assets/JrDevAssets/GAC - GreatAnimationCombos/Editor/GAC_Editor.cs(1284,100): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `System.Collections.Generic.List<int>.Add(int)' has some invalid arguments

Assets/JrDevAssets/GAC - GreatAnimationCombos/Editor/GAC_Editor.cs(1284,100): error CS1503: Argument `#1' cannot convert `object' expression to type `int'

Assets/JrDevAssets/GAC - GreatAnimationCombos/Editor/GAC_Editor.cs(1289,104): error CS0122: `UnityEditor.Animations.AnimatorStateMachine.stateCount' is inaccessible due to its protection level

Assets/JrDevAssets/GAC - GreatAnimationCombos/Editor/GAC_Editor.cs(1292,137): error CS1061: Type `UnityEditor.Animations.AnimatorStateMachine' does not contain a definition for `GetState' and no extension method `GetState' of type `UnityEditor.Animations.AnimatorStateMachine' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/JrDevAssets/GAC - GreatAnimationCombos/Editor/GAC_Editor.cs(1298,106): error CS0619: `UnityEditor.Animations.AnimatorState.GetMotion()' is obsolete: `GetMotion() is obsolete. Use motion'

Assets/JrDevAssets/GAC - GreatAnimationCombos/Editor/GAC_Editor.cs(1310,106): error CS0619: `UnityEditor.Animations.AnimatorState.GetMotion()' is obsolete: `GetMotion() is obsolete. Use motion'

Assets/JrDevAssets/GAC - GreatAnimationCombos/Editor/GAC_Editor.cs(1327,106): error CS0619: `UnityEditor.Animations.AnimatorState.GetMotion()' is obsolete: `GetMotion() is obsolete. Use motion'

Assets/JrDevAssets/GAC - GreatAnimationCombos/Editor/GAC_Editor.cs(1356,93): error CS0122: `UnityEditor.Animations.AnimatorController.layerCount' is inaccessible due to its protection level

Assets/JrDevAssets/GAC - GreatAnimationCombos/Editor/GAC_Editor.cs(1373,133): error CS1061: Type `UnityEditor.Animations.AnimatorController' does not contain a definition for `GetLayer' and no extension method `GetLayer' of type `UnityEditor.Animations.AnimatorController' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/JrDevAssets/GAC - GreatAnimationCombos/Editor/GAC_Editor.cs(1379,91): error CS0122: `UnityEditor.Animations.AnimatorStateMachine.stateCount' is inaccessible due to its protection level

Assets/JrDevAssets/GAC - GreatAnimationCombos/Editor/GAC_Editor.cs(1379,84): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `System.Collections.Generic.List<int>.Add(int)' has some invalid arguments

Assets/JrDevAssets/GAC - GreatAnimationCombos/Editor/GAC_Editor.cs(1379,84): error CS1503: Argument `#1' cannot convert `object' expression to type `int'

Assets/JrDevAssets/GAC - GreatAnimationCombos/Editor/GAC_Editor.cs(1384,88): error CS0122: `UnityEditor.Animations.AnimatorStateMachine.stateCount' is inaccessible due to its protection level

Assets/JrDevAssets/GAC - GreatAnimationCombos/Editor/GAC_Editor.cs(1387,121): error CS1061: Type `UnityEditor.Animations.AnimatorStateMachine' does not contain a definition for `GetState' and no extension method `GetState' of type `UnityEditor.Animations.AnimatorStateMachine' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/JrDevAssets/GAC - GreatAnimationCombos/Editor/GAC_Editor.cs(1393,90): error CS0619: `UnityEditor.Animations.AnimatorState.GetMotion()' is obsolete: `GetMotion() is obsolete. Use motion'

Assets/JrDevAssets/GAC - GreatAnimationCombos/Editor/GAC_Editor.cs(1405,90): error CS0619: `UnityEditor.Animations.AnimatorState.GetMotion()' is obsolete: `GetMotion() is obsolete. Use motion'

Assets/JrDevAssets/GAC - GreatAnimationCombos/Editor/GAC_Editor.cs(1422,90): error CS0619: `UnityEditor.Animations.AnimatorState.GetMotion()' is obsolete: `GetMotion() is obsolete. Use motion'

15. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello guys,

Contest is over. Thanks to those who participated! I will appreciate any reviews when you use the plugin on the Asset Store or in this thread. If something is broken, just contact me before making any final reviews.

Also gshape, that's what I came here to post too. Anyone that has updated to Unity5, GAC will throw errors, I have version 1.8.2 ready for Unity5 support going forward but Unity still hasn't accepted version 1.8.1 that I sent out a few days ago (probably because of GDC). So if you want the latest version, send me an email (with Invoice if I haven't verified you before) and I will send the update.

Last but not least are the answers to the contest:

CHUN-LI (Street Fighter)
    KRATOS (God of War)
    SCORPION (Mortal Kombat)
    ORCHID (Killer Instinct)
    MITSURUGI (Soul Calibur)
    SAMUS (Metroid)
    DANTE (Devil May Cry or from another answer Dante's Inferno which works too)
    YOSHIMITSU (Tekken)

Hope everyone had fun.

Thanks,
    jrDev

16. gshape

gshape

Hi jrDev,

Thanks for your prompt reply and as always, great support!!
    I have sent you an email about getting latest version of GAC just a minute ago.
    Thanks.

gshape

17. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey gshape,

Email update sent!

Thanks,
    jrDev

18. gshape

gshape

Hi jrDev,

Thanks! Got it and the new version is cool!

Cheers,
    gshape

19. gshape

gshape

Sadly, I can't save the character with GAC into Prefab now, all combos setup gone. I have sent you an email with detail. Thanks again.

20. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello guys,

The sale is over and v1.8.1 is now on Asset Store, I appreciate those who participated. This version does not support Unity5 though as I've sent v1.8.2 to the Asset Store. Unity5 will be the only version supported going forward as keeping multiple versions supported is a lot more time consuming.

Hey gshape,

I have gotten reports about GAC deleting Animation Slots for prefabs and have reproduced the problem. I am just looking into fixes and I will let everyone know when I have an update.

Also a workaround is to just comment out that line of code, though be careful not to mess with the Mecanim Animator and remove states or motions else this will completely mess up your Animation Slots for GAC. I apologize for the issue.

EDIT: That workaround doesn't really work since it is not the seed of the problem. I will get back with a report later in the day. Sorry about this.

EDIT: Apparently the prefab is not getting the states for the animator. I'll look more into why this happens, just FYI.

Thanks,
    jrDev

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    gshape likes this.
  21. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Great news! I solved this so I will be sending out v1.8.3 update right now for those that need it, its on the Sellfy marketplace right now and will be on the Asset Store as soon as v1.8.2 launches.

Thanks for the heads up as always,
    jrDev

22. gshape

gshape

Amazing support again! I tried out v1.8.3, it works like charm now! Thanks!;)

23. Hazor

Hazor

Hey jrDev

I am working on the NPC's AI side, maybe am i doing it wrong :

I am firing up combos by using GAC_Play Animation with an activator what uses a empty button on Unity Input assignement (so the player can't launch the combo only AI) and timers to fire the sequence in time. It works but maybe you know a better way to do this, it feels a bit tricky.... Any advice? Thanks !

24. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey Hazor,

Sounds about best way to do it at the moment. Also if you are setting up GAC on just NPCs you don't have to use or setup any inputs. All you need are Activator Numbers and just call the activator number that is corresponding to the sequence in the combo using the general GAC.PlayTheAnimation(). Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    jrDev

25. zbiat

zbiat

Hi jrDev,
    I managed to get GAC working for my game using GAC.PlayTheAnimation() calls from my input manager however it seems if my games frame rate is too high the combos are not registering. The individual starter animations play but never the subsequent animations in the combo chain. I am wondering if this is something you have some insight to. The button presses are inside of a fixed update if that helps.

26. zbiat

zbiat

Hi jrDev,
    I set my fixed vsync to every frame and it seems fine now. Just in case anyone else has experienced this issue. I thought of the solution pretty much immediately after posting my last comment but figured it may help someone else. Very cool asset by the way.

27. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey zbiat,

That's awesome to hear, I would love to see your work with GAC being used, let me know when you show it off at the conference.

Thanks,
    jrDev

28. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys again,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I submitted a fix for the prefab bug. Should see it on the store soon.

Thanks,
    jrDev

29. zbiat

zbiat

Hi JrDev,
    Once I get through this last week of bug fixes and some rework I have on my agenda I can send you something to check out for sure. Thanks again for your assistance

Todd

30. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Just want to announce that GAC has joined the Level11 asset store sale for pro users! So if your pro, grab a copy on deep discounts.

I will also have updates for version 1.9 this month.

Thanks,
    jrDev

31. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know the full docs are 95% complete on the webpage. All videos are completed, just need to edit and upload which will be done this week.

And don't forget the Level11 sale!

Thanks,
    jrDev

32. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know I submitted version 1.8.4 with some bug fixes and also that the major bug that crashed Unity when using InControl has now been fixed when using GAC in Unity5, it was a weird one but seems to have been something with Unity itself.

Also, keep jumping in on the Level11 sale if you can!

Thanks,
    jrDev

33. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Version 1.8.4 has hit the Asset Store and Sellfy that fixes a few things. Here is changes log:

Version 1.8.4
    -NOTE: It is RECOMMENDED that you DELETE the JrDevAssets folder then import the new update if importing from version below 1.8.0
    -NOTE: Due to major changes going into this version, it is imperative that you are updating from version v1.6 or v1.7.
    Contact me if you have a version lower than these.
    -The major bug that crashed Unity when in Web Player Platform and using InControl Editor, has now evidently been fixed with Unity5 update.
    -Fixed the Tracker Radius position axis' that were not showing in 3D Movement modes
    -Fixed the Focus Gizmo button to only focus on one Animation Slot gizmo at a time
    -Fixed a bug that prevented the close all Animation Slots button from working

Thanks,
    jrDev

34. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys!

Here is a new Touch Activators Setup tutorial video!

Thanks,
    jrDev

35. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

I have Control Freak activator support up and running! If anyone wants to test this out in the beta for v1.9, let me know, it works nicely! :)

Also working on getting uGUI up and running by today if not tomorrow for activator support too. Look forward to more videos and updates.

PS: Level11 Sale is still available, jump in! You won't regret it! ;-)

Thanks,
    jrDev

36. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

A little over 1 more week left to get GAC on Level11 sale!

Thanks,
    jrDev

37. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

We are in the Final Week for 65% off GAC on Level11 sale!

For those that can't get Level11 sale, For This Week Only, get also on Sellfy for $17.50! Don't forget to take an extra 20% off just for retweeting!

Thanks,
    jrDev

38. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Less than 4 days left to get GAC for 65% off for Level11.

Thanks,
    jrDev

39. zbiat

zbiat

Hey jrDev,
    I am wondering how your rewired support is coming along, I had my own input manager I was using but it was based off of xinput, which is great but I am building a set of fight sticks for my game and have to use direct input now. I choose Rewired over Incontrol due mainly to the mapping features. I saw in your trello this is an upcoming feature just curious.
    Thanks,
    Todd

40. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Now less than 3 days left for the GAC Level11 sale!

Hey Todd,

Rewired support is planned for v2.0 which is slated for next month. I am working on finishing up v1.9 right now. I will keep you posted, hang in there!

Thanks,
    jrDev

41. zbiat

zbiat

No rush I have extended my earlier work to consider rewired it seems to work ok.
    I do have a question though, is it typical for the rigid body to freeze in place momentarily while inputs are entered? I don't believe what I am experiencing is coming from GAC but thought I would ask. I am setting the activators directly in code from my input manager.
    Thanks,
    Todd

42. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey Todd, that's not suppose to be the intended purpose. I look into trying to replicate the problem.

Thanks,
    jrDev

43. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Final day for Level11 sale so go go go!

Thanks,
    jrDev

44. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Jumping in a again to remind about the sale ending.

Thanks,
    jrDev

45. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Level11 sale is over and I appreciate the lot of support for that. I like to provide a little more goodwill a end the Sellfy sale midnight tonite est 6/1/15. So get in on sale before it's gone!!

Thanks,
    jrDev

46. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Here is a quick look at the new 3rd Party Plugins Setup menu.

This section shows of the Activator Support plugins which are supported in version 1.9 which are InControl, Control Freak and uGUI. The latter 2 which are new in version 1.9. With this menu, whatever you want to use you can just click the button and support is added. More to come.

Thanks,
    jrDev

47. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey Todd,

I am not able to replicate your problem. Would you be able to send me a video clip of the problem you have and maybe a code snippet? You can send to my email if you don't want to post in this thread.

Thanks,
    jrDev

48. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

I am nearing the release of v1.9 but I am looking for Beta testers for this version. Let me know if you would like to Beta test by emailing me with the request in addition to your invoice number if you have never contacted me before.

In this Beta release, you will be able to test the major features:
    *uGUI support
    *Control Freak support
    *New 3rd Party Setup menu
    *Charge Attack Activators
    *Animation Slot sounds
    *Context Variable Debug infos
    *Substate machine animation retrieval

Shoot me an email if interested.

Thanks,
    jrDev

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  49. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello guys,

Long time no see! I have been hard a work to finish implementing all the v1.9 features and it has taken longer than expected as usual. The feature set has turned out to be massive and this in turn brings a lot of bugs I needed to test. I am currently trying to finish up new Touch Sync and Sequences that were not planned, but I figured I should add to this new version to round out the Touch Support features.

So currently coming in this v1.9:
    *uGUI support
    *Control Freak support
    *New 3rd Party Setup menu (Helps add use for InControl, Control Freak, Playmaker and uScript support with one button click)
    *Charge Attack Activators
    *Animation Slot sounds
    *Context Variable Debug infos
    *Substate machine animation retrieval
    *Blend state animation retrieval
    *Touch Sync and Sequence Activators
    *Input response time tweaks
    *And a lot more smaller fixes and improvements

I will post more about the impending release later this week. Just wanted to let you all know I am alive and well working to improve GAC constantly. I also have a surprise update planned to announce later on after v1.9 release. As always, any questions or comments, post or email me and I will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,
    jrDev

movra likes this.
  50. movra

movra

upload_2015-8-1_22-29-52.png

I think he's in need of a haircut :D