Search Unity

GAC-Great Animation Combos System for Unity 2D/3D (GAC ACCESS IS HERE)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by crafTDev, Jul 30, 2013.

1. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

So the issue I see with this is the triggering the grapple animation when player B is grappled when in range; but it's a minor issue. The rest should work using context variables (The timer, Escaping) which are handled in code and GAC checks to see if values are met.

So player A has grappled player B, so a "Grappled" context variable is true. This then triggers a timer (? Actually when does this timer get triggered?) in which player B tries to push the Escape button. You will have a context variable like "Escaped" then set depending on if Player B pushed in time in your code. This is a very advanced setup and use case so it will take some legwork to get going though it should work.

Thanks,
    jrDev

2. Prefab

Prefab

Ok sure, so it's possible for the player to change the context of another player/enemy? Eg. when player hits enemy the enemy's context is changed, but when player's attack is blocked the enemy's context is changed to something else.

3. crafTDev

crafTDev

Yes this is possible. Here is what the example API looks like:

bool UpdateContext(GameObject mainObject, string contextName, bool newValue)

Also website has all the necessary API examples but I’m in the process of migrating to different host.

If anyone needs the API examples let me know.

Thanks,
    jrDev

Prefab likes this.
  4. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

If you haven’t noticed yet, GAC is on the May Madness sale for 30% off! So go grab with this awesome discount!

And remember, you can start using v2.0 from the GAC Access Page before the official launch coming Summer!

Thanks,
    jrDev

5. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Start the week off with some great savings on GAC, less than one more week left!

Thanks,
    jrDev

6. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Sale is ending tomorrow so hurry!

Thanks,
    jrDev

7. Prefab

Prefab

Hi jrDev, what is the best email to contact you regarding V2.0? I have tried your gmail and your previous @jrDev but haven't got a reply as of yet.

8. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

The email in the OP, eturgott.jrdevarts@gmail dot com not working?

Thanks,
    jrDev

9. Prefab

Prefab

No not working, I sent an email to that address a few days ago. I have just tried again.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  10. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey,

I responded, must've missed the first email.

Thanks,
    jrDev

Prefab likes this.
  11. witcher101

witcher101

Does this work with other thirdperson controllers like invector. I wana make 3d batman like combo system. I waonder if its possible with tthis

12. ikemen_blueD

ikemen_blueD

@jrDev I have 3 requests. I hope you consider to support it:
    1) To make thing cleaner, can you add an ability to add a custom event at a specific frame or frames range of an animation clip?
    2) an ability to support other custom controller, other than Character Controller (too old), 3D Physics Controller. I use a Kinematic controller though.
    3) an ability to support other animation controller, other than Legacy & Mecanim. I use Playable API.
    For now, there is no beautify way to override step 2 or 3. I have to change your GAC code base, which I prefer not to. Thanks :) can't wait for future updates.

EDIT
    Hi witcher101, I can answer your question shortly. He can answer more in details later. Yup, GAC can work with Invector, but you have to code for GAC to work with it. GAC can do Batman Combat style, but lots more code. You need to keep a list of targets in range, switch lock-on a different target based on your current Player facing direction, and an attack ticket system, where AI takes turn to attack Player once at a time, giving Player time to counter attack. The real challenge (I think) is lots of good paired animations. Good luck on your game though.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  13. keepthachange

keepthachange

I cant seem to get Parameter bool to work in context? using 5.6.
    not getting any errors its just not changing?
    in the animator its says equippedRight true
    but it wont change in gac.
    been awhile since i used gac and unity idk whats up?

14. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

Did you send me an email?

Thanks,
    jrDev

15. recon0303

recon0303

hi. its been awhile, just wondering, if the new update is coming out any time soon. ( We have access to it. ) just wondering when it will come to the store. Thanks

16. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

Unfortunately, I have no close plans (as in this month) to release it officially on the store. I still haven't benched out enough time to get all the official tutorial assets together to finalize the product and new docs are barely ready.

Anyone that has an Invoice can access the full 2.0 build (which has been tested and found no bugs using in the latest version of Unity), just have to send me an email first! Any more reports and requests, keep directing them to this forum and to the email.

Thanks,
    jrDev

17. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello guys,

Just so you know, GAC is on Cyber week sale 50% off! So go take advantage and access version 2.0!

Thanks,
    jrDev

18. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey,

Shout out for the Cyber sale!

Thanks,
    jrDev

19. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey,

Just a heads up that sale is still going on till 12/7! And also keep your 2.0 version up to date from GAC Access - currently on Release Candidate 2.2!

Thanks,
    jrDev

C_p_H likes this.
  20. C_p_H

C_p_H

@jrDev

Is there a trigger feature in GAC to access & assign combos to NPCs(e.g. Emerald Ai) without coding o_O?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  21. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

Happy New Year Everyone! Great things coming this year for GAC!
    -Version 2.0 allows you to use Character Files to 'access' combos through the code, which you can access from the 'starterSlots' variable after referencing the Gameobject with the character file. I can help out if you need more info.
    -I am assuming you want to have the AI call on a combo? Unfortunately, there is nothing built specifically to do that yet, you have to do through code. This is currently in the planning stages to work in conjunction with Playmaker.
    Any more questions, let me know.

Thanks,
    jrDev

22. jouietamse

jouietamse

hi sorry for my noob question, will this work in pure classic 2D base sprite? (sprites with no spine attach)

23. LTHendrix

LTHendrix

I own GAC and love it.

I'm building an arena fighting game similar to "Power Stone".

It's a 2 player fighter and wanted to know the best approach for

1) mutual hit detection
    2) overriding another player's combo if the other player hits first.

I do very little coding but i want to steer my programming friend into the right direction.

Thanks

24. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

Yes, GAC works with Unity 2D system.

Thanks,
    jrDev

25. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

I appreciate the kind words. Development of new launch is slowly underway!

1. What do you mean by this? Both getting hit at same time?
    2. This I will have to look into and get back to you.

Thanks,
    jrDev

26. LTHendrix

LTHendrix

1) 2 Characters with the GAC component being able to use combos of each other like a one on one fighting game

2) Thanks for looking into it.

27. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

1. What do you mean by using combos of each other? The wording doesn't seem clear? You can make each character their own combos with the CharacterFiles or have them use the same combos if you use the same character file on each character.

Thanks,
    jrDev

28. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello guys,

Small announcement!

GAC IS NOW ON BIRTHDAY MONTH SALE 60% OFF FOR ONLY $20 UNTIL 3/18!

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT, IT HELPS ME TO PUSH FORWARD WORKING ON ALL MY ASSETS and PROJECTS!

Thanks,
    jrDev

29. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello guys,

GAC BIRTHDAY MONTH SALE 60% OFF FOR ONLY $20 IS NOW EXTENDED UNTIL 3/21!

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT, IT HELPS ME TO PUSH FORWARD WORKING ON ALL MY ASSETS and PROJECTS!

Thanks,
    jrDev

30. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Sale is ending at 9am est today! I appreciate all the support given so far!

Thanks,
    jrDev

31. cmc

cmc

Hi, I have been wanting to buy GAC but just missed your sale. Also, your website is not working. It say that the owner is selling it for USD 500.

Thank you,
    MC.

32. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

Sorry that you missed. Follow me on twitter for updates at @jrdevarts

Also, I just fixed the website link. I appreciate the heads up! Any more broken links, please let me know.

Thanks,
    jrDev

33. cmc

cmc

Hi, thanks. However I still have problem with the jrdevarts.com. Actually now it became worse as it now take me to some dubious site. I notice that when accessing the link the link temporary change to ww1.jrdevarts..... Hope it help. Don't know whether it is problem on my side or not but I don't have this problem on other sites.

I have no problem with http://jrdevarts.freesite.website/ but I am not sure that site is up to date. Sorry, I am just trying to evaluate more of GAC.

Thank you,
    MC.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  34. crafTDev

crafTDev

Oh sorry, I forgot to say someone bought my jrdevarts.com website name the moment it expired and so I had to use another for now. The other one is the main one and where I provide a link to to get GAC Access. It still has GAC 1.9 on the webpage and will be updated with 2.0 official launch! Anything else, please let me know.

Thanks,
    jrDev

35. cmc

cmc

Hi, thanks for clearing it up. I bought GAC anyway. However it have a problem, error message below. Unity would not allow me to run anything unless I solve the problem. It is running on Unity 2018.3.9.

Assets\JrDevAssets\GAC - GreatAnimationCombos\Miscellaneous\Xtra Scripts\GAC_UGUIJoystick.cs(22,3): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'CrossPlatformInputManager' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I also send you an email regarding access GAC 2.0 access.

Thank you,
    MC.

36. patchworkx

patchworkx

heye out there ..-- i just buyedGAC in May 29, 2015 likely 4 jears ago but still i got some errors wich not allow me to use that asset..-- i could have wrote earlyer .. but now i need to use GAC...--
    my errors :
    Assets\JrDevAssets\GAC - GreatAnimationCombos\Windows\Editor\GAC_TAGPreviewWindow.cs(30,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'GAC_TAGPreview' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    -----------------
    Assets\JrDevAssets\GAC - GreatAnimationCombos\Windows\Editor\GAC_TAG.cs(20,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'GAC_TAGPreview' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    -------------
    Assets\JrDevAssets\GAC - GreatAnimationCombos\Windows\Editor\GAC_TAG.cs(18,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'GAC' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

---------------
    Assets\JrDevAssets\GAC - GreatAnimationCombos\Windows\Editor\GAC_TAG.cs(2046,24): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'GAC' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    -----------------
    Assets\JrDevAssets\GAC - GreatAnimationCombos\Windows\Editor\GAC_PAC.cs(19,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'GAC' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    -------------
    Assets\JrDevAssets\GAC - GreatAnimationCombos\Windows\Editor\GAC_CustomResolution.cs(22,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'GAC' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    ----------------
    Assets\JrDevAssets\GAC - GreatAnimationCombos\Windows\Editor\GAC_TAGPreviewWindow.cs(5,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'JrDevAssets' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    --------------
    Assets\JrDevAssets\GAC - GreatAnimationCombos\Windows\Editor\GAC_TAG.cs(8,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'JrDevAssets' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    -------------
    Assets\JrDevAssets\GAC - GreatAnimationCombos\Windows\Editor\GAC_PAC.cs(5,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'JrDevAssets' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    ----------------
    Assets\JrDevAssets\GAC - GreatAnimationCombos\Windows\Editor\GAC_CustomResolution.cs(5,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'JrDevAssets' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    -----------

plz. help.. do i miss any special package?

37. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

Before you use GAC, I am assuming you have the old version 1.9. If so please email me with invoice so I can get you up to date version of 2.0.

Thanks,
    jrDev

38. Ultrapp

Ultrapp

Hello!!!
    Is it possible to disable a button for a period of time to then execute a special hit?

As an example I add a video where the X button in this case after a period of loading or being disabled for about 5 seconds can be pressed again ...

it is possible to do it with GAC ... any idea of how to do it?

regards
    Ariel

crafTDev likes this.
  39. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

Yes, if you are using GAC 2.0, you can make the GAC.DisableActivator() or GAC.DisableAllActivators() call then reverse with GAC.EnableActivator() or GAC.EnableAllActivators() call. Any more questions let me know.

Thanks,
    jrDev

Ultrapp likes this.
  40. Ultrapp

Ultrapp

What email can I request access to download the GAC beta 2.0?

ATM

41. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

It should be on Asset Store link or here in the main post. It is eturgott.jrdevarts at gmail.com.

Thanks,
    jrDev

Ultrapp likes this.
  42. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello guys!

Here is a small update!

Version 1.9.6rc
    -Added AutoPlayModeSetup tool to JrDevArts Utilities folder; use this to set the scene to default play from when Play mode is entered. Find in Window/JrDevAssets/Tools/Set As First Scene
    -Updated for Unity 2019.2 Compatibility
    -Updated GACPAC Window location, now in Window/JrDevAssets/GAC/PAC
    -Updated GAC_TAGPreview Window location, now in Window/JrDevAssets/GAC/TAG
    -Updated JrDevArts_Utilities to Version 31
    -Fix GACMissingScriptsReplace error for isPrefab after updating JrDevArts_Utilities
    -Fix GACPac delegate error
    -New UI and features coming in 2019

Also GAC is now 50% off on sale!

Thanks,
    jrDev

recon0303 likes this.
  43. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey,

Sale is ending soon!

Thanks,
    jrDev

44. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Sale was extended over the weekend and will be expiring in a few hours!

Thanks,
    jrDev

45. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hey guys,

Just a few hours left in the Unity Mega Sale to get 50% off!

Thanks,
    jrDev

46. recon0303

recon0303

Thanks JR for your hard work. and keeping this going.:) and up to date.

47. Marks4

Marks4

Is this asset abandoned? Last update was in 2019

48. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

It is not abandoned, development is just on hold at the moment for a multitude of reasons. It’s in Release Candidate version 2.0 on GAC Access which you can get when you purchase from asset store; it’s just not officially released on the store yet. That 1.9 version is stable but I recommend using 2.0 since the system had some rewrites. I’m always an email away for specific issues which I have been fixing throughout 2.0 beta releases. Anymore questions let me know.

Thanks,
    jrDev

49. Marks4

Marks4

50. Marks4

Marks4

@jrDev Does it support legacy animations out of the box?