Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

FYI: the new windows feature update breaks the license.

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Lurking-Ninja, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Hi, just an FYI/heads up: my desktop was updated to the Windows 10, version 2004 today. Before that my license was fine. After this, Unity Hub refused my license, I had to login on id.unity.com, revoke the seat and add it again in the Hub.

jfayolle likes this.
  2. MrGky93

MrGky93

have the same problem when you go to windows 2004 version and you will see that windows 2004 is very bad laggy bug.... version you will go back to 1909.
    when you go back to 1909 the unity3d hub license is buggy and you cant start unity3d on every version.
    The solution is go back to 2004 version.
    looks like unity3d dont want older version from windows
    testing it on 2 pc all the same bug when you have 1909version

jfayolle likes this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User

The problem I see is that you barely notice. I had to check the Editor.log to even realize it had to do with the license. Launching a project just silently quit Unity.
    It would be nice to receive a popup from the hub or maybe not even allow to launch a project when the license is missing. This should be very apparent

4. idototes

idototes

Same problem. Trying to launch Unity closes immediately without a message. I knew it's something with the 2004 update because I'd just updated today so I came across this thread. Also, when entering the pro license again, an error message pops saying it's invalid and to contact support. Instead, revoking seat and activation worked. This is an unfortunate bad UX that will probably create more Unity support tickets needlessly.

5. Camarent

Camarent

I resolved this issue by reactivating license in unity hub. It seems that after update somehow license was missing.