Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

FXMaker - Rapid effect tools (Released)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ismoon1, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

Hi,

could i ask something. What's your road map.

2. Katarak

Katarak

Fx Maxer Generates large amounts of warning with the new 4.2 version of unity.

Is there any hope of this being resolved? Doesn't seem like the owner of the product has been on here for a while.

3. Fiery1

Fiery1

The asset store says Requires Unity 3.5.3 or higher and I am using Unity 4.2 Pro. However when I launch FXMaker I get a series of script errors: "The associated script can not be loaded. "Please fix any compile errors and assign a valid script."

How do I resolve this?

4. ZJP

ZJP

Rule one: Be careful before buy a '1xx$ asset' from a guy who has 37 posts on a forum. Pretty sure that his support is ..... randomly
    Last message : 03-28-2013 :(

5. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

Hi,

Nc particle system.cs get err when i convert my projects in win 8. can u update FX-Maker for win 8 or app store.

Thanks in advance.

regards,
    play_edu

6. Kelde

Kelde

is this asset seriously dead?? I really wanted the beams in this, but the author seems to have disappeared...come back DAMNIT!

7. bchevalier

bchevalier

Hi here,

I have been using FXMaker on Unity 3.5 for a year.
    Best FX tool I've used with Unity(the render to billboard feature itself justifies buying this tool...to me at least).
    It was developed during a production and it feels like it.

Support and updates has always been a bit random, though.

Hopefully this tool is not dead, I am planning on using it again...

8. gshape

gshape

$FxMakerUpdate.jpg

I can't believe in my eyes! FXMaker updated on 8Jan finally!! Although I don't know what exactly it has been updated yet, still Wooo! :)

9. movra

movra

You can click on the version number to see the release notes.

10. Deathnote

Deathnote

hi, can i load or import my own 2d spline and costum fx effects ? or i can use only defoult spline into fx maker ?

11. Deathnote

Deathnote

teams dead or not ?

12. aanimation

aanimation

i need tutorial to using FXMaker, tutorial about mesh fx..help pls

13. Flickayy

Flickayy

Before I buy this, I was wondering if there is any Documentation I can read through? I'd like to extend the functionality of the base scripts myself.

Thanks.
    -Flick

14. Kelde

Kelde

I bought this because its bene updated and it seems to work. Now, im obviously not sure wth im doing, can anyone explain to me how i can get the prefabs? Im in there trying to get them out so they show as prefabs in those group folders, but i just cant get them out.

The documentation is so scarce, im sure its deadsimple to do.

15. AllanMSmith

AllanMSmith

Is this plugin really forgotten? Can anyone recommend something similar?

The plugin is really awesome and is allowing me to create awesome effects much more easily than "by hand", but there are a few problems... it crashes somewhat constantly, sometimes it loses references to materials, models, etc... could use a bit of polish... but if its forgotten... =(

I know this thread is relatively dead, but is there a way to POOL the GFX prefabs and let them play "onenable"? I'm trying to make the conversion myself but since I have to edit the plugin's scripts, the Maker Scene is no longer working as expected... and without being able to create a proper pool of GFXs the plugin becomes useless, as its a HUGEEEE performance difference to instantiating like crazy...

Anyway, I hope that some wishful thinking someone will answer =P
    Thanks

16. Flickayy

Flickayy

I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this problem, but I need some help.

I'm using the latest update of FXMaker inside Unity 4.6 and Unity.5. (To get it working in 5 I had to change around some stuff so it stopped throwing errors.) But for some reason, I cannot see the FXMaker inspectors, or the default layout that FXMaker uses.

Does anyone know why this is happening and possibly a solution?

17. kiugetski

kiugetski

How can i create my own particle in that ... the NEW button dont work

unityunity