Search Unity

FX Packs - EffectCore Work-in-progress thread (Stylized - Mobile - VR)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Effectcore, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Hermetes

Hermetes

Hi ! It´s possible for me to make only shock waves, without smoke and explosions particle? If yes, how can i do that?

2. Effectcore

Effectcore

All the components are exposed into separate gameobjects. So you can just disable the parts you don't want included! :)

Buy the pack and test out, if you don't like it I can help you with refunding it.

Terribly sorry about delayed message. I didn't see a new page started

3. Dizzy-Jump

Dizzy-Jump

Hi! Could you please add materials for LWRP? Especially for your custom shaders with ztest or provide information about correct conversion your materials to the LWRP materials?

4. Effectcore

Effectcore

Hi Dizzy-Jump

Sorry for late reply

I assume you mean the Mobile-Particle-Add-ZtestAlways and Mobile-Particle-AlphaBlend-ZTestAlways shaders. They are copies of the unity mobile shaders (Mobile Particle Additive/AlphaBlend) but has the Ztest set to Always that should work on LWRP.

I will make sure to add that in the documentation if anyone wants more information.

The Explosion Pack1 Shaderforge materials won't work on LWRP but there are mobile prefabs for it that does work.

5. toyhunter

toyhunter

@ChristianNordgren
    Great work! Does the "Stylized Explosion Pack 1" supports LWRP? Thanks!

6. toyhunter

toyhunter

@ChristianNordgren

My project is in LWRP, will "Stylized Explosion Pack 1" become ALL purple (caused by LWRP)? Thanks.

7. Effectcore

Effectcore

@hmpublic2000 Use the mobile explosions for LWRP available in the stylized explosion pack 1 for now.

I will investigate and update the stylized explosion pack 1 to shadergraph so you can use more bloom effects. It will take sometime but I think I can finish it within a few days

toyhunter likes this.
  8. Effectcore

Effectcore

@hmpublic I have now uploaded a set of explosions for stylized explosion pack 1 that tailored for LWRP. It should take 1-3 days before the update is live.

Their look differs a bit but should give the same result.

There is ways to customize the LWRP material by duplicating and changing colors to get a overblown effect or similar, I didn't do it because it would take me more time to push these out and possibly to much junk for other developers.

Let me know if anything feels broken!

toyhunter likes this.
  9. dl290485

dl290485

I'm used to doing 'bullets' the simple way by just ray casting and collecting tags of objects hit, etc. This is to avoid issues of colliders not detecting at high speeds.

I know it isn't specifically about this asset, but I'm wondering if anyone can shed light on how this asset may be used for a bullet with a trail, or stylised shotgun scatter, that actually registers a hit? Do people just detect the particle collision? And how does this work out with the high speed? Or maybe it only works on slow moving bullets?

I'm currently working on a low poly style third person shooter. It's not realistic, and I want shots to be stylised and fun, but I don't want it all to be too floaty and totally unreal. I want a gunshot at a short and moderate range to be pretty much a sure shot- no matrix dodging and running around drifting particles.

10. Effectcore

Effectcore

My situation is solved similarly to get a more accurate pinpoint.
    The projectiles in the packs use raycasts to look what is infront of them. If they hit something they will spawn impact effect on the collision point once they reached the collision point.

But I like to point out that this is not my area of expertise so I suggest consulting with others aswell!

11. dl290485

dl290485

Can you please clarify if these particles, the gunshot for example, actually move by themselves? Or are they stationary but create a trailing effect as they are moved by the game?

For example; I saw in some asset I have, maybe just the Standard Assets, they have a rocket/missile. You simply drop the prefab in the scene and it flies in a straight line with a smoke trail behind it.

This is different from another asset I have which features a 'sniper bullet', where when you drop the prefab in the scene it just sits there. It has a glowing 'bullet', and when you drag it around (or attach it to a moving object) then it has a wispy particle tail that trails behind it's motion.

Anyway, I think the stationary is better for me because I would have control over it's speed and collision circumstances, but I don't want something that just glows. I want the whole stylised streak/tail look from shooting.

On the topic of my previous question about high speed collision; I started playing around with a fairly high speed arrow. You actually can't see it easily due to it's speed (just the trail effect behind it I'm using), and it did go right through objects without registering a hit on it's collider. I played with speeds but it would have to get so slow to be workable.
    My way to get it to work well at high speed is to raycast infront of the projectile tip about 1.5 distance. When the raycast in front hits, it changes the velocity of the arrow to a set speed which is as slow as I could tweak it to without changing it's impact point being too far off (due to it's trajectory dropping) just so it would have the best chance of registering the hit without it's whole flight being slow. It works about 90% or better. So basically my idea is that it flies two speeds so you can get the best of both worlds: a fast projectile but a slower (better registering) impact.

12. Effectcore

Effectcore

The projectiles are staying stationary but does have a trailing effect when the gameobject is being moved around.

Incrementing the position or adding velocity using a rigidbody, a trail should appear always!

Your solution with the raycast is probably what you want if dealing with highspeed projectiles that are rigidbody/physics based! :)

Let me know if you have any questions

Btw:
    You can always buy the pack/packs and if it does not suit your needs its alright to refund it!

13. jason_yak

jason_yak

Hi there, firstly we love your particle effects. So amazing =). I just wanted to double check, so are both v1 and v2 particle effect packs supporting LWRP or is there something we need to do to get them working. We own v1 pack but about to buy v2... I was just unclear from the answers above. It sounds like they maybe work, but sounds like it's not a clear process from what I can gather, thanks.

14. Effectcore

Effectcore

Hi Jason!

Thanks!

I assume you talking about stylized explosion pack 1 and 2.

Some background story

The stylized explosion pack 1 was the first pack I made so I'll admit that I learned some things here which I made sure to fix on the other packs, mainly that I can really on custom tech for future versions, one of them being ShaderForge.

Differences
    The Stylized explosion pack 1 includes
    1. the original explosions(made with shaderforge shaders),
    2. explosion assets that does not use shaderforge
    3. The new shadergraph shader for a set explosions.

upload_2019-5-17_15-3-25.png
    The Stylized explosion pack 2 explosions work for all renders but were mainly targeted for mobile use, but can be used for other platforms aswell. It was just easier to maintain for me and make sure it works on all platforms.

Back to the present
    There shouldn't be needed to fix to get the effects working, just install LWRP as usual!

Sorry for the confusion, this could certianly be more clear!

15. jason_yak

jason_yak

Thanks for the info, cheers.

16. jaydee_programming

jaydee_programming

Does Projectile Pack 2 work in LWRP? Seems like the shaders are not compatible as everything is magenta.

17. Effectcore

Effectcore

They should @unity_JldyjxpCj1Fwbg

Maybe try opening in a new project and see if you continue to have the same problem. I will also take a look

18. Effectcore

Effectcore

I did a fast test. This gif is recorded inside unity 2018.2.21f1 with LWRP

So it should work, try making a new project and see if your results become better!
    https://i.imgur.com/8ilO27x.gif

19. bzkarcade

bzkarcade

Hi ChristianNordgren

You have a 2D WebGL Demo or a scene with the 2D camera set up that you can show me

Thanks in advance

20. Effectcore

Effectcore

@bzkarcade the difference between a 2D camera in unity and 3D camera is its usually just the projection is set to ortographic and not perspective

I just changed the camera to 2D and made a few gifs for you

2D-sidescroller view
    https://i.imgur.com/LWap5X3.gifv

Switching between perspective and orthographic projection view
    https://i.imgur.com/ra3bFd6.gifv

There shouldn't be any problem for you to use for a 2D game!

ATeam_Production likes this.
  21. Effectcore

Effectcore

I will be away from a computer between because of vacation so I won't be able to assist on any effectpack support between.

12th november - to 28th november

I will also be slow responding on emails.

22. BigRookGames

BigRookGames

Does anyone know if this works with HDRP?

23. Effectcore

Effectcore

Stylized Projectile Pack #1-2
    Stylized Melee Pack#1
    Stylized Explosion Pack#1-2

Note:
    Stylized Explosion Pack#1 uses Shadergraph material for some materials

The only one that does not work properly is the Hit Splatter Effect Pack. I will investigate getting it working with shadergraph materials

24. Effectcore

Effectcore

Hit splatter pack should now be working in LWRP and HDRP!

ATeam_Production likes this.
  25. Wawro01

Wawro01

Hey, we just bought splatter particles and here is feedback for asset:
    1. blood shader was not assigned after importing asset to materials
    2. you miss Cull Off in one of your shaders
    3. I was not able to find testing scene - there were lightmaps and lightdata for it though
    4. All arterial prefabs has bad scale for cone and splats
    Fixing those things could help with integration of particles for others

26. Effectcore

Effectcore

I noticed I made a mistake pushing out files that were broken, I have now pushed a fix for the material issue.

I also noticed with recent change on my solution for the blood material for LWRP and HDRP does not work anymore.

I have removed them from the pack. LWRP and HDRP is no longer supported for Hit Splatter Effect Pack#1. Terribly sorry if anyone bought it and expected to use it for LWRP or HDRP.

A fix will be avaiable within a few days, hopefully unity assetstore support works during christmas periods

27. MarvelousMac

MarvelousMac

I'm thinking of buying Hit Splatter Effects Pack 1, and wondering if HDRP and URP are supported in the end?

28. Effectcore

Effectcore

Hi Marvelous Mac, Hit splatter effect pack 1 is not supported by HDRP and URP!

29. create3dgames

create3dgames

When will URP support arrive?

30. Effectcore

Effectcore

Hi create3dgames!
    Thanks for your patience.

All effect packs should work for URP except the Hit splatter effect pack1!

Let me know if you have any issues!

31. MathewHI

MathewHI

How do I use the Hit Splatter pack in HDRP?

32. MathewHI

MathewHI

Hey I just bought your asset because it specifically says in the oveview

"Support package for HDRP and URP(LWRP)"

I want my money back your a liar

33. CoolCat518

CoolCat518

Hi, I use unity URP, can tou tell me how to fix this error?
    upload_2021-12-27_18-49-3.png
    "Support package for HDRP and URP(LWRP)"
    I didn't find the "package"

34. Effectcore

Effectcore

Hi

Sorry about the inconsistency of information with the storepage

I will make sure to straight it out what is actually working.
    (I am sure I can get it working for HDRP now to a certain version at least!)

MathewHI likes this.
  35. Effectcore

Effectcore

I was able to get HDRP working on 2019.4.19 and above and it should be live now!

Again sorry about the inconvience and misinformation.

Feel free to contact me at effectcore.contact@gmail.com if you still wish to refund!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  36. Effectcore

Effectcore

I checked out the stylized explosion pack 1

I assume you tried out the legacy prefabs?
    Try using the Mobile or ShadergraphVersions
    They should work just fine

If you still encounter issues let me know what unity version number you are using and make sure the URP is updated!

I hope this clears up any problems

Have a great day!

upload_2021-12-27_20-16-41.png

37. MathewHI

MathewHI

Thanks it works great now.

38. Supergrubman

Supergrubman

Can you please state which of your assets support VR?

39. Effectcore

Effectcore

All the effects should render correctly in VR

If you are referring to what effects are billboarding and will look strange, it is hard for me to tell.
    It depends more on the purpose of the VR game.

Here is some noteable issues I could think of:

Hit effects in projectilepack 2 might look strange as they are sort of billboarding.
    Hit splatter pack has a lot of 3D components and should work.
    The smoke in explosion packs are billboarding but depending on distance it might look funky.
    Electric effect pack looping electricity might look weird at close distance
    projectile pack's projectiles is also stretchedbillboard(velocity-billboarded) so might look strange at close distance.
    Melee pack should be all good as there are both 3d and 2d verisons of all effects except the actual hit sprite which is 2d billboarded.

It is a good point to maybe have a VR/3D extensions for all the effects, some of them should be quite simple.

40. MMZZUU

MMZZUU

[Styleized Explosion pack 1] Problem changing set to URP.

When I try to use it, various materials look like pink errors.

There are some materials that cannot be changed to URP materials.
    [EffectCore/alphaBlend_glow] Shader cannot be changed to URP material.

Please let me know if there is a way or guide to solve this problem.
    I beg you.

[Stylized Projectile Pack 1]
    [Stylized Melee Pack 1]
    [Stylized Explosion Pack 1]
    The other three purchase assets come out well in URP.

41. MMZZUU

MMZZUU