Search Unity

FX Camera Systems

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by ForceX, Jul 10, 2011.

1. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

The package is for Unity 3.4 (or 3.4.1).
    If you have installed the package on Uinity 3.3 there are some edit to make it work.
    Edit all package scripts removing: ", Component" and ", True"
    If not works ... wait a reply by ForceX.
    Regards
    Max

2. ForceX

ForceX

@ daywin: If you are using Unity 3.3 or below then you will need to edit the FX_*_Editor scripts and remove from any EditorGUILayout.ObjectField the ", true". This was something new introduced in Unity 3.4.

If you are using Unity 3.4 or 3.4.1 can you provide some more detail. This error should be related to the weapon impact hit effect when shooting an object. Are you getting this error in the demo scene? If the object shot has the script "FX_Object_Properties", can you tell me what it's "Material Type" is set to?

3. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

Hi forceX,

new ideas:
    - add a Bob camera effect also for climbing.
    - add a Idle Bob camera effect (for standing - like your water floating idle effect)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  4. UnleadedGames

UnleadedGames

melee attack would be bad ass too :D

5. ForceX

ForceX

@SJM Tech :
    1. Climbing bob - Yes. I'm not sure why i skipped this.
    2. Idle headbob - Yes. I'll make this condition based. One for normal and one for fatigued. I will leave the state change coding part up to you guys for the moment. :)

@msken: Support for more animations is in the works.

6. UnleadedGames

UnleadedGames

You rock my friend!

7. ForceX

ForceX

Update 1.5.1

First Person Action WebPlayer DEMO updated to current build.

New Features:
    1. Added a fatigue condition for Head Bob. Currently this is true or false and can be set in the inspector under "Current Controller State". It can be called by referencing FX_Character_Controller.IsFatigued.

1a. This feature can be enabled / disabled under Player Settings --> Player_Motion_Settings --> HeadBob Settings --> Enable Fatigue Head Bob.

1b. This feature has two Head Bob settings "Rested" "Fatigued"

1c. This feature currently applies to motion states Standing, Crouch, Prone, Climbing.

Fixed:
    1. Restored Head Bob for climbing

Short Term WIP:
    1. Make the transitions between Head Bob state changes smoother.

Previous Daily Updates

1.5.0g
    Changes:
    1. FX_Character_Controller : Cached most all transform.position lookups where applicable. Was a bunch.

1.50f
    Fixes:
    1. Third Person RPG will now play footstep sounds when using the mouse for player movement.

1.5.0d/e
    !! New Tags !!
    "WaterSurface"

New Features:
    1. Player_Motion_Settings has a new option "Climb Look Direction". Enabling this will allow you to climb vertically in the direction you are looking. Looking up(Forward--> up, Back --> down) Looking down(Forward --> down, Back --> up). If this is disabled it will use the standard method of Forward is all ways up and Back is all ways down.
    2. Swimming sounds expanded to include swimming above water and swimming below water.
    3. Added an idle head bob for swimming creates the feel of floating.

Changes:
    1. Swimming gets a marked improvement.

Fixes
    1. Corrected some potential null references with audio
    2. Weapon sway should function properly while crouching / prone idling

1.5.0c
    New Features:
    1. Camera / Mouse Smoothing: You can now set an amount in the inspector to be applied to your Mouse Input for smoothing out the camera. This is found under Camera Settings --> Camera_Setup --> "Camera Smoothing".

Changes:
    1. Camera dolly smoothing field "Amount" has been renamed "In / Out" to match it's speed counterpart. It has also been re-grouped and placed under "Camera Smoothing".

1.5.0b
    Changes:
    1. Improved swimming (a small bit).
    2. Camera will no longer collide with objects assigned to the water layer.
    3. Removed jumping while swimming.

New Features:
    1. Animations: This is the first step towards an fully customize-able animation system. This first release provides the ability to assign animations for Walking(8 animation directions), Running(8 animation directions), Crouching(8 animation directions), Prone(8 animation directions), Swimming(8 animation directions), Climbing(5 animation directions) Jumping(1 animation direction), and Falling(1 animation direction).

Assign animations in Player Settings-->Player_Animations.

2. Footstep sounds are now randomized. Assign as many sounds as you like for each sound type.

3. Weapon_Linecast-->Scripting Overrides-->Enable Weapon Recoil has a new option. Effect Camera Only. Enable this when you want the recoil effect but you do not want the script to override your animations.

Changes:
    1. Crouching Prone states have been expanded to all controller styles. First Person Action is the only controller style that will use the crouching and prone position targets.

Fixes:
    1. Weapon sway should no longer stop. (THIS IS AN ANIMATION OVERRIDE!! Only enable weapon sway for First Person Action when you are not using a player actor).

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  8. AllyJammy

AllyJammy

Awesome package!!! :D :D just, i wonder how do you get animations to play when using the RPG style camera or any camera style in fact...because all i have is my player toddling around in a T-pose, not doing much can you help?

9. ForceX

ForceX

@AllyJammy : For animations to work you need to setup your fbx import animations to "Store in Root". Then setup your animations and apply the changes to the FBX.

1. Assign the gameobject that is to receive the animations to the FX_Character_Controller --> "Player Animator"
    2. Assign your generated animation files to the FX_Character_Controller --> Player Settings --> Player Animations
    3. Run

10. AllyJammy

AllyJammy

thanks for the help! :D there is another thing....on the third person RPG camera type could you make the strafing optional? and make an option : Turning ,like the demo character controller? (so he turns to face the way you press on the arrow keys) or is there already an option for this???

-thanks

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  11. ForceX

ForceX

No it's not an option ATM, I can work it in.

12. NeuroWolf

NeuroWolf

You know what would be cool? Easy weapon switching , grenades , melee weapons , different kind of zooms for weapons (i.e Iron sight style , scope style,etc) and animations on reload :D
    I hope that's not a lot :O

13. Swearsoft

Swearsoft

Really great work here, totally destroyed my plans of completing my own system though... I see no reason to do it anymore, so I think I'm just going to replace it with yours...

cheers!

14. ForceX

ForceX

@NeuroWolf: Weapon switching yes. With inventory. I just hate creating GUI elements :)
    O.. And more action states w/Animation functions. And......

@koyima: sorry m8. Didn't mean to destroy anything. Glad you like the script.

Lately i've been working on re re-righting my space flight controller script, but one thing i want to change with this package is how crouching and prone are handled. Move it away from the current system of having an empty gameObject that tells the script where to crouch / prone to, and make it all script based. Then change the way the player collider adjust it's size when crouching / prone. Crouching is something you think would be simple to do, but has it's own unique challenges, like not falling through the floor.

Swimming is also something only exist in it's own rights. This still needs lots of work as well.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  15. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  16. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

Hi ForceX,
    sorry to resume this thread...I see that now You are more concentrated on your another projects (FX 3D Radar and FX Planet Orbit ).... i post however my notes.....use it when you want:

FPS Camera:

Ignore camera Ignore CameraWeapon layers are not setted to be culled by Fx Camera (at runtime)

Putting together GUI Weapon Camera could be a problematic situation when the main Fx Camera has some image effects. This cause that the weapon 3d model result without image effects. Is Correct instead that the GUI don't shows the image effects.
    Maybe could be a solution make a separate camera for GUI elements and another for Weapon models.

Have you planned to make some update? Make a Definitive version to buy ?
    I think that the last version is near to perfection...also little tricks..let me know.

Regards

Max

17. ForceX

ForceX

I'm sure there are lots of things that are wrong or just don't make any sense. I've been wanting to go back and start over, as I have learned quite a bit since I started this project. It would be interesting for me to go back and see what I can make better. I also bought a model off the asset store that comes with lots of animations. While I can't distribute the medel with this package, I expect it will help out greatly with the custom animation states portion of the script. I'll get around to working on it again but I expect it will be after Mass Effect 3 comes out.

18. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

Hi ForceX,
    I see many Unity developers that sell on asset store some camera controllers but i don't see any tool that near to be a 360 degree controller for all purposes and with a very big feature list like your tool.
    I can't wait to see your new renewed version.

Max

19. nukeD

nukeD

Very well said Max, i completely agree wit you.
    Go for it ForceX!

20. ForceX

ForceX

Thanks for your support guys :)

I've been busy with lots of things but i did find some time to revise how crouching / prone states are handled. This new version no longer requires Null objects to be setup. It is also more reliable, in that there should be 0% chance while calling a set state stand from a crouch or prone position that you can fall through the floor because of the character controller re-sizing / positioning it's self.

I'll try to get this worked in to the existing package for a small update by this weekend.

@Sjm Tech : WOW!! Your 3D Mining complex project is unbelievable. Very impressive work.

21. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

Thanks ForceX, I'm glad you like it....I can't wait to see you putting your hands again on this fantastic tool.

I Did some little addition ...maybe can be usefull for someone:

Unofficial edit:
    - Fix camera culling layers(removed: ignore camera and ignore cameraweapon from main FX camera)
    - added a label that shows the name of the object(tagged as "interactive") in reticule.

Max

Attached Files:

22. nofosu1

nofosu1

Wow, this is some good work here dude. Thanks

23. bingobeawr

bingobeawr

Indeed this is very good.

24. bingobeawr

bingobeawr

I was wondering is it possible to make something like a rocket launcher with this script. Help would be greatly appreciated.

25. ForceX

ForceX

You could but, i would recommend creating a separate rocket launcher script. As the current weapon scripts are geared towards fast moving projectile weapons aka guns to create an illusion of a projectile, and not a physically simulated projectile. A rocket launcher would look funny as the impact effect would occur before the projectile reached it's impact destination.

26. dufake

dufake

======The problem had been solved.========

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  27. douglaswalkers

douglaswalkers

Paradise FX create nice camera system that make some impossible requirement possible. The PFX TRIDELTA system really introduced the 3D system.

28. sjm-tech

sjm-tech

I don't know how this can be linked to this thread...:confused:

29. LWMAX

LWMAX

Very very great job for this package!!!

A first question:

when i am in rpg camera mode, "swim animation" don't switch when i'm going on water zone. ( i' m testing with demo scene) maybe i made something wrong?

if i choose isometric camera mode in the same scene demo, "swim animation" works.

30. dufake

dufake

I have the same problem too.

By the way, I couldn't zoom in third person action mode.

31. Tu-Dinh

Tu-Dinh

this is Fantastic !

any chance we can have this update to support Unity 4.x? :D

32. ForceX

ForceX

@LWMAX dufake : Sorry guys dont know if your still around. Let me know if you still need help.

@Tu.Dinh : Sorry I missed your post last week. Nothings impossible :)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  33. MrProfessorTroll

MrProfessorTroll

Dude, I can't believe this is free! I am doing 3rd person for the first time and this helped me sooo much! Thanks! This is a great contribution to the community!!