Search Unity

Fuzzy Finder Jumping when you search for items

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by tigme, May 20, 2021.

1. tigme

tigme

Since Unity 2021.1.x I noticed the fuzzy finder is all over the place. When you look at the first level of menus everything seems to work properly but as soon as you go deeper in the hierarchy of menus the fuzzy finder starts jumping abruptly as you move your mouse to move or scroll up and down the list of items. It is sometimes so bad that cannot even click the option you want. Has anyone else got this problem?

Video

I'm currently on 2021.1.7f1 using the built-in Visual Scripting version 1.6.1 but I have seen this in 1.5.1 also.

SuchlikeSleet29 likes this.
  2. SuchlikeSleet29

SuchlikeSleet29

Same. I am on 2021.1.9f1 and Visual Scripting version 1.6.1. Restarting Unity fixed it.

Edit: Oh no it didn't!

Edit: Found the culprit. If the fuzzy finder bottom touches the end of the window, then the popup ui jumps to adjust resulting into the jitter jump animation. Workaround is to open the fuzzy finder high enough so as to not touch the bottom of the screen when it extends for certain values.

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    tigme likes this.
  3. tigme

tigme

Finally, someone else also sees this, thanks for confirming. Will play with it. But it is surely something they need to fix though.

4. tigme

tigme

Just added a comment. If you start making your own Super Units and you start adding lots of inputs and outputs with lots of comments. This behavior will drive me nuts because I get it a lot.

5. ericb_unity

ericb_unity

Unity Technologies

I wasn't sure if it was a normal behavior coming from the fuzzy finder, as I always remember the tool to jiggle a lot. Did some test on the Bolt version 1.43 from the asset store upgraded from Unity2019.4.1f1 to Unity 2021.1.9f1 with no issues. Meaning it is a regression that was possibly introduced in Visual Scripting version 1.6.x+.

I will investigate further and log the issue. Thank you.

6. tigme

tigme

Thanks, but I have seen this in 1.5 too. Hoping it would get attention 1.6+ I just kept biting my fingers. Let's hope it can be addressed soon.

7. ericb_unity

ericb_unity

Unity Technologies

1.5 was my next version to test before logging the issue.

tigme likes this.
  8. tigme

tigme

You are a star my friend! Thanks

9. ericb_unity

ericb_unity

Unity Technologies

Yes, I was able to repro in 1.5.2. I'm opening an issue. Thx

10. _geo__

_geo__

Sorry for necroing this but I have the same issue in 2021.2.0f1 and VisualScripting v 1.7.2.
    It's jumping so much that it is downright unusable at times.

FinderJumping.gif

11. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

Upgrade to 2021.3LTS and UVS 1.8.0.

1.7.2 came out more than two years ago. Can't really ask to support that or report bugs for an old version of the tool.

12. _geo__

_geo__

Ah yes, I should have added that I am testing versions for an asset which I am making. That's why I am on 2021.2.0f1 since that's my lowest target (min version for assets in the store).

What I'd be interested in is whether or not this is a known behaviour of 1.7.2+ and when it was fixed. @ericb_unity mentioned there should have be an issue for this in the bug tracker, yet I have found none matching this behaviour.

Guess I'll have to inform the users that this is something that can happen in older verisons and move on.