Search Unity

Future Ops 5 - WIP

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by tripknotix, Feb 29, 2012.

1. tripknotix

tripknotix

Today I am publicly linking the Future Ops 5 WIP

Heres the game URL: http://realdefinition.net/futureopsonline/
    It has a facebook: http://www.facebook.com/futureops

Every time I create one of these, I always ask myself what can I do better next time.
    And this time around, I'd like feedback while its being built, so it has a chance to be successful.

Currently the only Features are:
    Multiplayer Deathmatch up to 24 Players (Supports 64) per Game Instance
    3 Guns to choose from
    Running, Jumping, Crouching, Zooming as expected for an FPS

The Graphics Quality Ranges from Ultra, to Fast. Performance feedback is very important, please let me know how it runs at different settings.

Please let me know how it feels running around, jumping on boxes, zooming in, shooting...ect

Theres a lot of work to be done, please let me know what you think should be next.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  2. ModernCGI

ModernCGI

Yeah its definatly a work in progress.
    I played around a little by myself and found a bug with re spawning. It spawns me way underneath the map and I cannot move around.
    Aside from that the game seems like it has potential. Add some recoil to the gun. And do not make the movements so laggy. Make it more immediate. I kinda feel like im hovering instead of walking.

Btw if you need help with modeling buildings or objects I can help you out.

3. tripknotix

tripknotix

I was able to track down the bug and fix it =) , thanks for pointing it out, i had just implemented a new spawning system without testing for a rare bug.

That would be great, what sort of modelling do you do, indoor or outdoor, if you prefer we can continue this conversation over PM.

4. SevenBits

SevenBits

That looks freaking awesome!

EDIT: What did you use for the storm system?

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  5. tripknotix

tripknotix

I used UniStorm , a future competitor to UniSky, except at less than half the cost currently, i jumped on board while it was cheap tho, so I've been getting free upgrades ever since.

6. tinman

tinman

Wow man well done! How did you make it so ppl can start their own server and have incoming connections available?
    I only managed to get incoming connections when I opened ports on my router (!)

Well done :)

7. TehWut

TehWut

Everything looks very good and the graphics are great! Is the gun supposed to be just kind of floating there? It didn't shoot or look with the camera unless I was aiming down the sights.

8. tripknotix

tripknotix

Im working on a new system for the guns to have hands, and a new weapons system and zooming system. those were pointed out as not feeling so natural.

9. tripknotix

tripknotix

Added Sniper Rifles to the game, i haven't yet added the models tho. or custom scopes, that's next