Search Unity

Future APK updates and plus vs free version

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tomy7777, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Tomy7777

Tomy7777

Hello everybody,

I was searching for specific question and couldn`t find it, so I hope I am not creating any duplicates.

Case is like this: I am working on one app, which, when finished, I would like to publish on google store etc. This publish version needs to be without the Unity splash screen, so in order to get it away I will have to purchase Unity Plus. What is bothering is that if for example I would make an update (which I will do) lets say after a year (when the Unity Plus would expire), I will have to make another build of the app, but this one would be again with splash screen if I get it right ?

So the main question is: Can I make updates of an app that was published within Unity Plus (without splash screen) even from the Unity personal edition (same account) without this splash screen ? Or I will have to buy for Unity Plus for a whole year ?

Thank you for the reply.

T. Haverla

2. Ostwind

Ostwind

Subscriptions are 12 months minimum. If you cancel after 12 months you can still update your app and publish it with personal but then it will have the splash screen. Resubbing means you would have to start another 12 month sub.

wccrawford likes this.