Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Fuse models in Unity not looking the same

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by cruising, Aug 13, 2015.

1. cruising

cruising

Hello!

Made some character and imported it to unity.

The character do not look anything like it does in Fuse, how come? i noticed it is the same in C4D.
    What is the reason for this?

The head looks deformed outside FUSE

FUSE_____________________________________________UNITY

2. TonyLi

TonyLi

The External Tools section is probably a better place for this question.

Shaders and lighting look like they're affecting how it looks. Also, do you need to adjust your camera's perspective or FOV? Does it look deformed in the Scene view or just the Game view? If you temporarily change the Scene view to wireframe, you might be able to get a better idea of how the model is shaped and compare it to Fuse.

3. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

Trim and Color. I think is the shader, the shadows and the camera. You need to make mate flat shader for the skin. Transparent shader for the hair. In the right example there are 2 lights and nice light directions. In the left the lights are wrong. And more important is the camera angle. Look at the ears. You are using a wider angle in Unity, better to use a less perspective telescopic zoom as in the left. Probably all together can be part of the reasons?
    Is not just importing, needs color and trim or you see something that we do not see? Try the character in the Shader Calibration Scene or in this awesome free environment The Blacksmith

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  4. Barry100

Barry100

looks like field of view is wonky to me.. I use these models too and they are pretty much spot on apart from the eyelashes.