Search Unity

Official Furioos purchase change announcement

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by UnityJuju, Aug 31, 2022.

1. UnityJuju

UnityJuju

Unity Technologies

We’re shifting our focus to an intensive R&D phase, and as a result, you’ll see some changes in how Furioos can be purchased and the type of support we’ll be offering to our customers.

Starting on September 1st, 2022, Furioos can only be purchased via our website, and you will be able to acquire it only with a credit card.

Our support team will continue to help with critical bugs on the Furioos platform; however, we will no longer be able to accommodate specific feature requests or answer questions that do not directly concern the use of Furioos’ platform.

We will prioritize support tickets related to platform stability, server stability and user data security in all regions we support. We will also prioritize requests related to the payment system (billing errors, bugs generating excessive billing etc.)

Until further notice, we will not process support ticket requests regarding information that would be available in the documentation (how to use Furioos, how to set up a reservation, how to use the API and SDK). We will also not provide premium support for configuring the platform, nor for developing specific features.

Finally, we cannot provide support for applications hosted on Furioos. Please make sure that they work properly on your local machines and that they are optimized enough to run properly on the hardware we provide.

We’re excited about this new phase and know these changes will bring better results and overall service in the long run. We want to thank you for all the feedback and passion for the Furioos platform!

HIBIKI_entertainment likes this.
  2. altepTest

altepTest

This looks like an interesting option to have to showcase 3D environments and options. I've tested a couple of demos from that website. using keyboard arrows for navigation instead of WASD was a standard in the 90s. people under 30 don't know that this is an option. I bet people just open the demo move the mouse around and then close the demo. Minor annoyance just to top the keyboard controls, why invert the mouse look axis?

3. DragonCoder

DragonCoder

Could be the industrial aim of this. At work (car industry) we have a 3D data visualization software where controls are inverted and there's no direct movement with keyboard at all (some keys only influence how mouse movement is interpreted.). WASD is "gamer thing".

4. altepTest

altepTest

no, there is movement in the demos, just try using the arrows, is not a VR image, yes it is a poor attempt on recreating first person movement.

For unity to leave the implementation of a paid product demos to someone that have no idea of unity base functionality is amazing.

The person that created the demos could had just took the controller from the HDRP template and be done for it. the one with the green leaves in the glass and wood floor. if he wanted the arrows movement also just add them as input together with the wasd

5. ChristopheROBERT

ChristopheROBERT

Unity Technologies

Hello

Thank you for your feedback on Furioos.
    To give a little more explanation, the demos on our site are there to show the work of our community of RT3D developers.
    The player moves, for example, are a component of the application and not of the streaming platform.
    In the examples you mentioned, the goal was to make the application compatible with a maximum of different keyboard layouts (WSAD is unfortunately not the only layout available in the world)
    The application also supports double tap (on mobile) and double click (on laptop) on the floor to move the character.

Don't hesitate to test Furioos and to submit your best applications if you want us to feature your work on the website.

Have a good day everyone,

GDevTeam likes this.
  6. altepTest

altepTest

you know this is a textbook example of why unity lost three quarters of their share values and is now on brink of bankruptcy. how can someone from a company that makes a game engine for games where WASD is one of the standards (on PC), can come up and say that is not a standard is amazing.

just look at some basic unity tutorial made by unity itself, is not something I've invented myself right now:

you use the input package to define sets of controls depending of the platform the content is viewed on. This works on mobile? great, you have the mobile inputs. user opened this on PC? you add WASD and arrows and if you really want you add the numpads. even better you can also include controller support, why not after all, that is the point of the input system, to detach the game functionality, the movement from the various input types. there are other PC games standards? Ok, maybe there are in China or somwhere that I'm not familiar with, you add those also to the input system.

That is because you want to showcase the power of unity to work remotely similar with how google stadia works. And you want user to pay with money for this service.

You know what happens with your demo for a percentage of your potential customers? They rotate the camera around, think is some sort of VR setup, wonder why they need to pay for this when they could use youtube or something and move on. It happened to me, and I was puzzled and then, because I have nothing else better to do, I've tried to figure out what that was all about, found the arrows movement, ah wait this is like stadia, interesting.

7. DragonCoder

DragonCoder

Stop making things up, dude.

JoNax97 likes this.
  8. altepTest

altepTest

last time I've checked the unity market share price is abysmal, they have fired a good chunk of their work force and they don't have enough revenue to please shareholders and keep the remaining workforce for too long.

IF they go bankrupt or not remains to be seen, but that they are on the brink of bankruptcy that is a fact.

9. ChristopheROBERT

ChristopheROBERT

Unity Technologies

Well, I think we're a little off-topic.
    Regarding the WASD, we'll do our best to modify our demo applications; thanks for the feedback.
    Don't hesitate to send us your demos if you want to showcase them on our platform.
    Thanks

DragonCoder likes this.
  10. DragonCoder

DragonCoder

5% of workforce. That may be a chunk, but an act of desperation would certainly be something different...

11. newguy123

newguy123

..and detect when its viewed from a mobile device and show joysticks. Nobody's going to know you can double tab to move

12. ChristopheROBERT

ChristopheROBERT

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the feedback!

newguy123 likes this.
  13. magnetica

magnetica

Hi,
    i'm tryint to view a UE5 project. I can't see the virtual joystick. is it active and works automatically with mobile builds?
    thanks