Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Funnel Heatmapper or Branching Story Tracking

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by AccentDave, Nov 15, 2018.

1. AccentDave

AccentDave

I have an app which is basically a branching story, and every so often the user needs to make a choice of 'yes' or 'no' or A or B or C, that type of thing, and the story progresses through a few of these choice-points until one of two outcomes is reached.

I would like to track this in an aggregated way, to see which path(s) users tend to take or avoid, and which choices are never taken, that sort of thing.

It would be extra special good if this could be done graphically with Unity Analytics, with line attributes which indicate the paths most/least taken from choice to choice.

It seems like what I want is a connected graph of nodes (the content they watch) and edges (the choices they make) and a 'heatmap' of that, where it is obvious which paths are taken more than others.

QUESTION: Is this possible with Unity Analytics? Does their dashboard show this in any way? If not, I assume I can use the REST API to get the events and process it myself.
    In that case, can I use PowerBI or other analytic site builder to grab and display that type of data?

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D