Search Unity

Question Funnel Analyzer only sees 2 events?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by FoxAdventures, Jan 17, 2022.

1. FoxAdventures

FoxAdventures

So I have four custom events: levelStart, levelWin, levelFail, iteration. When I tried to create a funnel, it only displays in the dropdown menu "levelStart0", "levelStart1", "levelWin0" and "levelWin1". It also doesn't have any parameters even though these custom events have been registered with parameters. What could be the reason for this?

2. SamOYUnity3D

SamOYUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Can you see the parameters of these events from the Data Explorer?

3. unity_Ctri

unity_Ctri

Unity Technologies

Can you clarify if you're using the open beta of UGS Analytics, or the Legacy Analytics service?
    This is what UGS Analytics's menu looks like, for reference:
    Capture.png

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@FoxAdventures We discussed this at length in your other thread. Again, you are mixing Legacy Analytics and the beta. We discussed the difference at that time. Funnels are populated via Analytics.CustomEvents with legacy Analytics, and there is no need to define the events or parameters first.

unity_Ctri likes this.
  5. FoxAdventures

FoxAdventures

This is what it looks like for me. No "Funnels" tab on Analytics menu. So I was looking at the Funnel Analyzer tab in the Legacy Analytics section.

Yes.

Attached Files:

6. FoxAdventures

FoxAdventures

Hello Mr. Jeff. Please see my comment above.

7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Funnels are currently only supported in legacy Analytics which requires Analytics.CustomEvent. I believe you attached the wrong screenshot, please show the screenshot as requested showing your parameters showing in the legacy dashboard under Event Manager or in the legacy Data Explorer