Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Funnel Analyzer, Game Progression 1 to 400

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Loomabox, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Loomabox

Loomabox

Hello Everybody!

Our game has 400 levels. The Funnel Analyzer has a 100 level limit for progression funnels.

Is there any simple way to create 101-200, 201-300 and 301-400 level progression funnels without editing every single level # in the automatic 100 level progression template?

Thank you.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

There is not an easy way to do as you suggest. Typically developers with this many levels group them into buckets, and don't require to explicitly track each level.

3. Loomabox

Loomabox

Thank you for your response.
    What if we need to track each level, is it OK to create Funnel Analyzers for each level? I do understand that as of today it requires to manually edit each level, so if we go this way will Funnel Analyzer work?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Just make sure you test along the way. Make sure your funnels work with a subset of levels, then add more, etc.

5. Loomabox

Loomabox

The word "subset" made me believe that I was not describing the case clearly. Our game is 400 Levels in total. These levels are sequential and not inside each other. So players will have to complete every level in turn. Thus, it is important for us to track the progression to understand and address any "too easy" or "too hard" levels. So if Unity Analytics can technically have 4 Progression Funnels with 100 levels each, then I believe there should be no issues. Of course, every level will among 400 levels have a unique number.

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Yes, I had meant to combine levels 1-50 or similar into one funnel step, but yes, your approach should work also. Just make sure you test frequently.