Search Unity

Funnel Analyzer for time spent in panel

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Vasilis62, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Vasilis62

Vasilis62

Good day everyone.

I am having some trouble understanding how to utilize funnels. I want to track how much time a user spends on a specific panel. So, I created two scripts, one OnEnable() and one OnDisable(), with a custom event on each that sends the time since that panel appeared. Here is the code for the OnEnable() with the other being similar, besides the name of the parameters:

public class PopupAppearEvent : MonoBehaviour
    {
    private const string ApName = "popupAppear";
    private Dictionary<string, object> parameterAp = new Dictionary<string, object>();
    void OnEnable()
    {
    string ApName = "popupAppear";
    //parameterAp.Add("ApTime", Time.deltaTime);
    //parameterAp.Add("ApTime", Time.time);
    parameterAp.Add("ApTime", Time.realtimeSinceStartup);
    AnalyticsEvent.Custom(ApName, parameterAp);
    }
    }

So afterwards, I went to my dashboard to create a funnel with two steps, one being the ApTime (the time the panel appears) and the other being the DisTime (the time the panel disappears), which results on the screenshot I provide below. Is there a way to put them on the same line in the chart, as in starting with ApTime and ending up on DisTIme on the same line?

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

3. Vasilis62

Vasilis62

I see. Can't I make an event to subtract the time OnEnable() from the time OnDisable() and send that?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

I simply meant to include the elapsed time in a single event, and not send two events, one with a start time and one with the end time. How you calculate the elapsed time is up to you.

5. Vasilis62

Vasilis62

I understand, thank you very much!