Search Unity

Funnel Analyzer - Conditionals

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by tiggaxxx, Jun 17, 2020.

1. tiggaxxx

tiggaxxx

Hi,

So i am very new to all this thing of unity analytics. I have a webgl project hosted online on various hosts, and those hosts might have different different builds of the same project (on purpose, different mechanics to different situations off the same project), and these build are identified with a name.
    What i want to know is the number of accesses to the builds on each host. So considering i create a funnel for each host, do i have to then place each build parameter name by hand so that's listed on the funnel or can i use anything like 'any text'? Because 'any number' is available but i suppose it wont work with text.

TL;DR - Any way to make a parameter condition be 'any value' or 'any text'? Or does 'any number' also includes text? (Which i suppose it doesn't)

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

If you leave it blank, it will accept any parameter. A parameter is either number or text, you should not change the parameter structure once you've sent some events. If you need to change the parameters, create a new event name. So you're sending a Custom Event with the build name? That should work. Could you share your code? One important note, on WebGL, after each Analytics.CustomEvent call, you also need to immediately call Analytics.FlushEvents or the events won't send https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Analytics.Analytics.FlushEvents.html . It's an issue we are aware of, but have no immediate plans to address.