Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Fullscreen shortcut

Discussion in '2022.1 Beta' started by Nirlah, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Nirlah

Nirlah

I just tried out the new Fullscreen Play Mode option – a much-needed feature that I'm glad it finally arrived!

One thing that bothers me, though, is the shortcut for exiting the fullscreen. Shift Control F7 (on some keyboards, like a Mac, it's actually four buttons as the fn button is also required).

I understand the need not to interfere with the game's input, but four buttons at once are probably too much. I'm also aware users can alter it through the Shortcuts window – but it should probably have a more approachable default.

mahdi_jeddi likes this.
  2. mahdi_jeddi

mahdi_jeddi

Also, would've been better if I could switch to fullscreen mode by pressing those keys on current monitor from other modes. Right now you have to get out of playmode, change mode to fullscreen and then enter playmode again.

3. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

You can press CMD + P and it will play in fullscreen. Press it again and it will exit playmode and fullscreen.

LexSheyn likes this.
  4. mahdi_jeddi

mahdi_jeddi

I meant changing between normal Maximized and the new Fullscreen mode in playmode. You can't change between them when in playmode, it even disables the menu completely and the Ctrl+Shift+F7 won't work either. I understand that they did this because you need to select a specific monitor, but I think it could just use the current monitor where editor window is and let us switch to fullscreen.

But being able to play in fullscreen mode on the secondary monitor is pretty handy, so maybe I'm overthinking this.

upload_2021-11-30_18-23-38.png upload_2021-11-30_18-24-57.png

5. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

There are a few more options in the preferences:

But not switching between modes during play

Screenshot 2021-11-30 at 17.31.14.png

Deleted User and mahdi_jeddi like this.