Search Unity

Bug Fullscreen, Mac build, aspect ratio issue with inaccurate clicks.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by james_unity156, Apr 7, 2020.

1. james_unity156

james_unity156

Hi,

So the issue I'm facing is pretty specific, but also annoying.

This only happens in a build, on a mac, in full screen, at an aspect ratio that doesn't match the screen size. All of the users clicks will be off the mark, as if the game was at an apsect ration matching their screen. So elements in the center of the screen are fine, and there's no inaccuracy, but as the clicks move outwards they get more innacurate. For example, to click on the top left of the screen, I'd actually need to click in the black section outisde of the playable area. This is happening for both ui and world space clicks.

Here's an image of what I mean. Diamonds represent where I'd click the mouse, and squares represent where the click registers.

https://imgur.com/YaGykeQ

The isssue is fixed for users when they change their resolution to match their aspect ratio, or when they exit out of full screen, but obviously that isn't a great solution.

Is there an easy way of fixing this? Or at worst, locking non-native aspect ratios?

2. matthew-holtzem

matthew-holtzem

we are experiencing this issue as well. Bumping this post since there are no replies to it

3. matthew-holtzem

matthew-holtzem

found this bug which is marked as a duplicate of this other bug which is marked as fixed but clearly people are still experiencing this issue. Is there an active appropriate issue tracker ticket for this that an be monitored?