Search Unity

Fulldome Immersive Games

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by masubifiregod451, Jan 20, 2016.

1. masubifiregod451

masubifiregod451

I am a new Planetarium Director for a public school system in Minnesota, USA. I have a digital system with a 360-degree, fisheye projector. I have a 30-foot dome. I am looking for video games the students can play on the dome. They would have to be simple games that the school board would not find offensive or disturbing. I'm thinking racing games or spaceships shooting asteroids. I'm trying to reformat the Space_Shooter tutorial game to fit the dome, but am encountering some challenges.

Are there any game developers out there that would be interested in developing fun games to play on the dome? This would be an opportunity to help me inspire a new generation of students to become scientists, engineers, and programmers. If we/you come up with a great game, I am willing to pay for it and help distribute it to my network of digital planetariums around the world.

I appreciate your time,

Paul L

phrenomythic and Martin_H like this.
  2. chrissanders

chrissanders

this sounds interesting.

3. dogmachris

dogmachris

Should the games be exclusive? Because if not, you could just contact the publishers of such games and use a ready-made one - easier, quicker & cheaper than having so. developing for you. And there's inumerable amounts of such games readily available.

4. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Sounds like fun. I'm geographically no where near you, otherwise I'd offer to come play.

5. tedthebug

tedthebug

Use a laser/light gun to shoot space debris as it orbits earth