Search Unity

Full Rotation is not smooth.

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Klik303, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Klik303

Klik303

Hi. I'm just starting with unity and maybe my question is silly but I have a problem to do smooth full rotation.
    (I do it in Animation component.)
    I try to rotate my 2d object in Z position from -360 to 0 degree in 6 seconds and keep do it in loop. But rotation speed is not the same during rotation time. First slowly accelerate, next between 1-5sec have the same rotation speed and last second rotation speed deceleration.
    It looks like some easing is enabled.

So my question is why rotation dosn't have the same speed all time?
    And how to spin objects 360 degree in loop with the same speed using Animation component.

BTW. In Unity 4 this problem dosn't exist.

Thank you.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  2. Torbach78

Torbach78

n2oukdnb, Santi0512, DryreL and 10 others like this.
  3. Klik303

Klik303

I didn't know about this option.
    Thank you.
    Regards

4. moonboots

moonboots

Thank you so much for this answer! I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong.

5. silpy

silpy

this helped me too. thanks alot

6. LancerZ

LancerZ

help me a lot thanks

7. DryreL

DryreL

8. alti

alti

linear didn't do anything for me. The degrees still get randomly updated. from 0 to 180, then back down to zero, or from 360 to 360, despite just typing in 0 - 360..this stuff makes no sense. Honestly, every second in this engine is pure torture. I tried changing the interpolation method and changing the curves. Nothing works, idk why people are in here pretending things will work with whats described above.

The only way I found success was by NOT including any position information, and incrementing 72 degrees per key frame until i hit 360. I tried tinkering with interpolation modes and changing the curves to flat and linear, but let me be the one to tell you: if you expect unity to be that simple to use, you're kidding yourself.

9. hossenshovon1

hossenshovon1

People who don't find linear currently, choose auto option, this work for me.

10. grafiboys

grafiboys

Thx my friend!