Search Unity

Full body Awareness (Game in First person)

Discussion in 'Animation' started by hugopok, May 23, 2018.

1. hugopok

hugopok

Hi Guys, i am new on animation in unity. I'm working on unity every day for work but i have never touched the animation before, Now i have started a game with my friends, i need to know how to create animation like AAA games, i have alredy Final IK plugin, but i need to know how to reproduce a movement like, R6, Dead by daylight style where the body is visible, somebody can help me ? Thank you guys ;)

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Those are professional games with a team of highly talented and experienced animators working on there own animations systems to get the best results possible.
    The best option for you is to partner/hire an experienced animator to replicate as close as he can a character controller and animations for your project.

You can do it yourself - but it will not result in quality outcome until you have gained the knowledge, experience and talent which will take a good amount of time. I'm hinting at - at least one year - if not more. This is not something a non-animator can accomplish in short order without the knowledge and experience, even if using acquired high quality mocap animations.
    A much more lower fidelity character controller could be completed by a person inexperienced in animations and character controller creation, but based on the thread title and the games you referenced, that quality is unattainable by someone with limited experience.

SolarFalcon and MadeFromPolygons like this.
  3. hugopok

hugopok

First of all ,Thank you for you reply, what i mean is if possible create some animation with procedural methods, i alredy have mocap cinema and 2 kinect v2 for create animations, and the result is not bad, but i think that some animation in AAA is made with procedural methods,so i wanted to know if there something that can help me, anyway this video is what i mean

4. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

You say:

"i am new on animation in unity"

but then you go on to ask:

"i need to know how to create animation like AAA games [............] reproduce a movement like, R6, Dead by daylight style"

Those two points massively conflict. You wont get quality like games made by 300+ people teams with budgets that eclipse a lot of movie budgets, and thats just the truth.

Instead, adjust your aspirations to be more realistic and you will have a less hard time. Ultimately no matter what advice given, you just wont get to this quality and if you somehow did manage to, it would take all the time and money you have leaving none to actually make the game.

Instead of focusing on "AAA" visuals, focus on making the gameplay great for your first game. People will care more about that.

theANMATOR2b and SolarFalcon like this.
  5. hugopok

hugopok

Ok thank you for your reply, and yes my ideas are confusing, i know, anyway i wanted to reach a sufficent level about animation, because the game will be a multiplayer and the result with bad animation, i think that is not satisfaying for the players

6. Goatogrammetry

Goatogrammetry

They're using additive animations that blend for legs and torso separately, probably with bone controllers for the head, unless thats blending animations too. Its really pretty simple in theory. The hard part is making animations that are cobbled from different sections look good as a whole.