Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request FSR 2?

Discussion in 'Graphics Dev Blitz Day 2023 - Q&A' started by cLick1338, May 24, 2023.

1. cLick1338

cLick1338

It's been a while and I don't think there's been any statement about it. The utility and the demand are obvious. FSR 1 and DLSS were pretty quickly implemented.

Did you change your stance on integrating third party solutions like these? Does it also depend on said third parties (thinking of Intel with XeSS too)?

(There are a couple of community implementations in the works but we could have seen a faster and higher quality implementation if Unity had taken the lead on it)

Last edited: May 24, 2023
    sabojako and jeromeWork like this.
  2. sqallpl

sqallpl

3. SebLagarde

SebLagarde

Unity Technologies

We do not have anything to currently talk about but are excited about the direction technology is going in this space

saskenergy likes this.
  4. wwWwwwW1

wwWwwwW1

Hi, what about URP's TAAU support in the future? Does this conflict with HDRP features and shouldn't be added?

5. sarbiewski

sarbiewski

I don't understand Unity. FSR 1.0 is just a slightly better sharpener and pretty much useless. DLSS 2 is exclusive only for nVidia cards and you also need at least one nVidia card from the 2000 series. This also doesn't quite fit Unity's philosophy of cross-platform development.
    FSR 2 has very good results, is open source and also works on graphics cards from other manufacturers that are even older. In my opinion, FSR 2 would be the right technology for Unity.

6. wwWwwwW1

wwWwwwW1

Seems that DLSS 3 was added to HDRP (2023.2.0a17).
    2023_02_a17.jpg
    Any plans for other upscaling techniques?

sacb0y, jjejj87 and DevDunk like this.