Search Unity

Frustration of lighting

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by fwalkerCirca, Aug 10, 2017.

1. fwalkerCirca

fwalkerCirca

Hello,

I have a project that has several scenes, the scene I a having trouble with gets loaded as an additive scene. It has its own camera, and the main scene has its own Main camera. The loaded scene has one directional light. Initially when playing the loaded scene after being added to the main scene, the lighting was "darker" than it was when loaded on its own. I got from the forums that I should disable the auto light maps on the scene and bake a manual one. That worked. The scene now loads as an additive scene and the light is correct when running in the game window. So far so good. However, the forums indicated that the problem would not appear once the game was built! Well I would be so lucky. When I build the game for standalone or for WebGL the darken light problem is back! I have the quality settings set to fantastic. I have tried with Shader Stripping lighting modes in automatic and in manual. I am out of ideas. What does it take to make it work on the actual builds? What else can I try?

thanks

2. kemalakay

kemalakay

Unity Technologies

Hi @fwalkerCirca

May I ask which version of Unity are you using? This was a known issue in 5.6 but the fix is available in the latest patch of 5.6. Can you perhaps upgrade and see if the issue still persists? Thank you in advance.

QA Team

3. fwalkerCirca

fwalkerCirca

Oh would I not love to upgrade !!! We are still in 5.4.03f. We have a demo going out next week. After that goes out we are keeping our fingers crossed that we will move to 2017, we have been talking about it for months now ! :)
    I will keep you posted.