Search Unity

Frozen Tundra Environment Pack - HDRP/URP/Standard

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by cfantauzzo, Jun 23, 2020.

1. cfantauzzo

cfantauzzo

Frozen Tundra Environment Pack is a huge collection of 140+ assets built from the ground up to take full advantage of the High Definition Render Pipeline. These assets were carefully sculpted, textured, and optimized to create beautiful and performant environments. All snow-covered assets include versions without snow, for a total of over 230 prefabs.

Supports:
    -Unity 2019.3 and higher
    -High Definition Render Pipeline
    -Universal Render Pipeline
    -Standard

Example scenes for URP and Standard versions are partial support only and are not as polished as HDRP version.

Asset Store Link: http://u3d.as/1RCB

Sample Builds: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f429izoi1uikvj7/AACtQWolZUbex0lNpda1GD4ma?dl=0

FTEP_Lake_03.jpg FTEP_Lake_02.jpg FTEP_Lake_03.jpg

Cover Image 9.png FTEP_Chasm_02.jpg FTEP_LowerCave_02.jpg

Chris-Paul likes this.
  2. ImmersiveWays

ImmersiveWays

Hi @cdmpants,
    I am impressed with the quality of hdrp while maintaining performance. I have a question, does this asset work on the mobile platform with URP? or standard?
    Very good job !

3. cfantauzzo

cfantauzzo

Hey ImmersiveWays,
    The scene and assets are very optimized for high FPS, but part of the optimization comes from the HDRP asset as well. You should be able to achieve similar performance as the demo with your own HDRP asset, but if not, please let me know and I'll send the HDRP asset that I used.

The pack supports URP and Standard as well, but quality is obviously reduced. The example scenes provided are also not as fine-tuned as in the HDRP version, and there are some reflection probe limitations/issues in the the cave areas in the URP version due to lack of light probe blending in URP. You can compare between render pipelines directly by downloading the game builds linked to in the product description.

I don't see any reason why the Standard and especially URP versions wouldn't work on mobile, the assets themselves are pretty simple, but I can't say that I've tested on mobile. A lot of the meshes are fairly high-poly, so take that into consideration. I can't guarantee the example scene provided will yield good performance on mobile, but the assets themselves should work totally fine in your own scenes.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I'll address them as quickly as I can!

4. elephantcove

elephantcove

upload_2021-9-7_9-21-21.png
    What am I doing wrong for set up?

5. cfantauzzo

cfantauzzo

Hi,

Are you using HDRP, and if so, did you make sure to import FTEP_HD.unitypackage under the "Frozen Tundra Environment Pack" folder after importing the main package from the asset store?

6. elephantcove

elephantcove

Yes to both. Was partially because I had two cameras running. There is still a problem though.
    upload_2021-9-13_12-43-43.png

It says this hdrp asset does not support screen space reflections, could that be it? I clicked the hdrp .unitypackage and installed it

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  7. cfantauzzo

cfantauzzo

The HDRP asset is different from the unitypackage. The HDRP asset is a .asset metadata file that's used by your unity project to set HDRP's graphics settings (Edit>Project Settings>Graphics, up at the top of the window there's a slot called Scriptable Render Pipeline Settings).

I've attached the HDRP asset file I'm using locally. Extract the zip, import the .asset file into your unity project, then drop it into the Scriptable Render Pipeline Settings slot as described above. Let me know if anything changes after doing so.

Attached Files:

8. elephantcove

elephantcove

Hi, thanks for your support

Not sure if that did anything.

I am on HDRP 2021.1.16f1

Got some parts of it to look sort of good -- exposure settings usually have to be changed
    No matter what though, some of the materials seem to be broken. When camera moves they glitch out even more.

upload_2021-9-13_21-46-42.png

Attached Files:

9. cfantauzzo

cfantauzzo

Thanks for bringing this issue to my attention, it looks like the 2021.1 release broke my custom shaders. A fix is being submitted, and in the meantime here are the patched shaders (after extracting, replace the .shader files in the FTEP_HDRP>Shaders_HD folder with these. Make sure you do it externally in Explorer and not inside the project).

Attached Files:

10. elephantcove

elephantcove

thanks, it's looking a lot better. Almost completely like the video. Only problem now is some of the rocks are green.

11. cfantauzzo

cfantauzzo

You will need to add the included diffusion profiles to your HDRP default settings, as per the included readme.

You can do this under Edit>Project Settings>HDRP Default Settings>Default Diffusion Profile Assets.

The included diffusion profiles are located under FTEP_HDRP>Diffusion_Profiles.

12. bryson_unity459

bryson_unity459

How do I get the blizzard working? I noticed it in FTEP_HDRP. I don't see documentation.

13. TanselAltinel

TanselAltinel

@cfantauzzo

This is a great asset and it works wonders for my small project. Thank you very much for creating it.

I had some big issues with Unity 2022.3.x HDRP 14.x so I had to update the HDRP version of shaders just a little bit.
    I'm adding them here if anyone is interested.
    I can remove them you want, but I believe your asset still lives up to the high standards today and needs to be used.

Attached Files:

Modimage and cfantauzzo like this.
  14. cfantauzzo

cfantauzzo

Thank you for your help! As a solo artist, it can sometimes be difficult to stay on top of Unity's frequent shader incompatibility issues with new releases of HDRP, though I do my best. Future assets I release will likely not use custom shaders in order to simplify this.

Again, I appreciate the help :)

TanselAltinel likes this.
  15. jolvgames

jolvgames

Hi there!
    I'm the proud owner pf some of your assets - amazing work - but I just hit a snag with the Winter Tundra.
    Let me know if you wish me to head over to Discord to discuss this ...else keep reading.

I'm on 2023.2.0f1 and HDRP 16.0.4 and, after unpacking the FTEP HDRP package, I still have some issues with the non-standard shaders i.e. Snow_coverage_HDRP and Snow_coverage_Translucent.
    I've tried to fix them myself on Amplify but I can't figure it out.
    I fully understand HDRP is fairly fluid tech-wise and it's hard to keep up, no worries there.
    Still, I'd appreciate any hints as to what might be the issue.

Scratch all that!
    I just used the shaders that TanselAltinel posted some time back and that did the trick.
    Thank you both!

BR
    jolvgames.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
  16. jolvgames

jolvgames

Thanks for posting this sir!

TanselAltinel likes this.