Search Unity

Resolved Frozen Scene on VR headset until Game window is clicked??

Discussion in 'VR' started by elpko, Oct 3, 2021.

1. elpko

elpko

Hi all,

Only been going at Unity for a few months so excuse me if this is a stupid question.

My project has been working fine for the last month (Oculus 2 using XR Plugin) but today when I pressed the 'Play' button, Unity loaded on the headset as usual but the scene was static. When I moved my head, the camera remained fixed. Stranger still, with it still running, if I left click on the PC Game window, it suddenly unfreezes and behaves like it use to (it was total fluke I did this as I missed the 'Play' button with the headset half on)?

I rolled back to a previous version and it behaved again. The only thing I can put my finger on is I imported an asset (just some monsters) from the store but I cant see how doing that could impact my camera or XR setup (assuming this is me being naïve). I repeated the import and had the same result again.

While the easy answer is don't import that asset if it breaks your project, I am worried I haven't configured something properly?

Condensed question is has anyone else suffered from this and can anyone offer up advise on how to prevent?

Many thanks in advance.

Phil

Entretoize likes this.
  2. elpko

elpko

After posting I managed to figure out what the hell I was doing wrong and as expected it was a stupid mistake.

I had left Package Manager open (multi monitors are great unless you miss a little window tucked away). Apparently if you try and run a project with the Package Manager window open, it keeps focus and causes the headset camera not to update position (that's why clicking on the Game window got everything working again).

JasonsFreeTime likes this.