Search Unity

1. Get the latest news, tutorials and offers directly to your inbox with our newsletters. Sign up now.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Wanted Front face culling/ back face rendering with transparent materials not working

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Megaloadon, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Megaloadon

Megaloadon

Hello there,
    I try to render an object with 2 different transparent materials. One should only render the back faces (higher opacity/more color) and one only the front faces (lower opacity/less color).

The purpose is to show another object inside the mesh better, while keeping the more saturated color on the back faces. I tried to only render the back faces using a shader graph, but it seems to be impossible to only render back faces with TRANSPARENCY enabled. With opaque materials, it was not a problem to isolate the back faces.

Is there a way to only render back faces of a transparent material, and overlap them with another material that only renders front faces?

(btw. this is the problem child, I need it for. The bones should pretty much preserve their details/color, while the jello is a rich green (screenshot from blender))
    chonker.PNG

Any help is very appreciated! Thank you!

unityunity