Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Front face culling/ back face rendering with transparent materials not working

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Megaloadon, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Megaloadon

Megaloadon

Hello there,
    I try to render an object with 2 different transparent materials. One should only render the back faces (higher opacity/more color) and one only the front faces (lower opacity/less color).

The purpose is to show another object inside the mesh better, while keeping the more saturated color on the back faces. I tried to only render the back faces using a shader graph, but it seems to be impossible to only render back faces with TRANSPARENCY enabled. With opaque materials, it was not a problem to isolate the back faces.

Is there a way to only render back faces of a transparent material, and overlap them with another material that only renders front faces?

(btw. this is the problem child, I need it for. The bones should pretty much preserve their details/color, while the jello is a rich green (screenshot from blender))
    chonker.PNG

Any help is very appreciated! Thank you!