Search Unity

From where can preorder customers download the latest Betas?

Discussion in 'Developer Preview Archive' started by taumel, Sep 29, 2012.

1. taumel

taumel

It seems that there are more recent versions than the initial Beta 7 around but neither the Beta download page nor the update function in the editor offer those.

The eMail sent out by Unity on 22.8.2012 said:

:
    This is the first in a series of high-quality Unity Pro 4.0 pre-order beta releases for customers who pre-ordered Unity Pro 4.The Unity Pro 4.0 pre-order beta provides an opportunity to explore the new features and updates-in-progress, and give feedback about any problems you experience. The final version of Unity Pro 4.0 will be released at a later date.
    :

So, where is the information about how to access them or aren't all Betas meant to be offered?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  2. taumel

taumel

Buhhh!

3. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

I don't believe they intend to offer all betas to preorder customers, only some of them.

4. Luckymouse

Luckymouse

did you check this thread? It is the top thread from "Forum>Developer Preview>Announcements: Unity 4.0 Pre-Order Beta Released"

It has the 4.0.0Beta download links.

5. goat

goat

There are two levels of Betas: one for folk that are 'tight' with the dev crew at Unity and will give newly integrated things a work out and the rest of us: when we get a beta you can call it rather stable and fodder to keep us quiet. And for any major problems in a beta they will iterate through a series of minor betas to resolve those before wide release in a beta or RC again.

6. virror

virror

I think the newest beta is Beta10, so i hope we will get a new public beta out soon...