Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

From Unity to Mac Store. Is it possible?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Yishai_Q, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Yishai_Q

Yishai_Q

Hi,

have created a mac app with Unity, how do I make it available for sale on the Mac store of all Mac users?

(I don't have an xCode project bc I made it with Unity, and also I would rather find a simple way to simply upload the app to the store, like you can do with ipa files with appLoader or what ever the loading app is called today)

2. Mauri

Mauri

3. Yishai_Q

Yishai_Q

Thank you for the answer.
    On iTunes I've uploaded my apps for iPhone iPad users, on the side menu on the App Store menu on iTunes, I see a blue link I can click - "Add macOS App", if I click it will it make the app I have available for iPhone - available for macOS store for Mac users as well?
    If so, then isn't it the easiest way to get my app to the Mac Store?
    Will I lose any functionality? like for instance, the app I've created for iPhone is supporting keyboard input, which doesn't come handy with an iPhone device that is using only a soft keyboard, but if now it goes on a Mac device I would like it to have support for keyboard input, will it have this functionality?
    And if the app I did with Unity does support keyboard input, once converted to work on Mac Store, will my older apps I did with Air SDK also support keyboard events, if I click "Add macOS App" and make them available on the Mac store or is it something unique for apps made with Unity?