Search Unity

From iClone to Unity: FAILURE

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Purpleshine84, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Purpleshine84

Purpleshine84

Hell guys, this is frustrating me quite a bit,I amd working on it for more then a week and stil no results.. I tried to export my model with facial animations and it just doesnt work. My model is made in Blender btw and everything looks fine in 3DXchange, but when I want to export Geometry or both, 3Dxchange crashes. So I thought to be clever, keep exactly the same avatar in Unity and just only export the animations from 3Dxchange to Unity (Animation export DOES work). But.... I get afwull error like Unity doesnt support Blendshapes, and my Characters mouth is still not moving. I thought about buying iClone, but this is a real bummer... if some of you have experience with this out there, please help me! I exported 14 times, and I am in the trial period, only one time left. I dont know what to do anymore, since it it not working why bother to buy iClone? Again: give me your experiences would be HIGHLY aprecciated.

2. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

Unity does not currently have Blendshape support, coming in the next version Unity apparently, so if you need blendshapes now or will be using an older version of Unity you will need a system from the Asset store for doing morphs or there is a free morph script on the Wiki but it is very slow and does not work well. There are a few blendshape solutions on the asset store, some are good some not so good, some with proper exporters so take a look and see if any suit your needs

3. Purpleshine84

Purpleshine84

No, thats not the problem but thanks for your help @MikeUpchat. I am a little bit further into the matter. First of all I dont use blendshapes but bones for the facial animation and finally I got it to work pheew That was a long ride ! ;) However, not with my own Blender model yet, but that is because it crashes out of 3dxchange. The reason for this I will find out very soon, but probably its due to too much faces (50000 +), that isnt a problem for normal body motion in Unity, but it is for 3DXchange exporting, probably because it wants to calculate only the avatar and not the whole model. Well, stay tuned, I will post my findings. At least for me the most important thing succeeded which is: facial animation :) :)