Search Unity

From HDRP to URP

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Sbourguignon, Mar 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sbourguignon

Sbourguignon

Hello everyone, i would like to know if it's possible to switch HDRP to URP with a tool that i will create?
    What the changing i should do to switch between them? material, shaders, volume...etc
    (or if you have docs :) )

Thanks

2. Bordeaux_Fox

Bordeaux_Fox

There is no tool and the documentation clearly states that it is not recommended to switch the scriptable render pipeline and that they do not support it. You have to do the tests which one suits your project better before going to production.

3. maewionn

maewionn

4. Bordeaux_Fox

Bordeaux_Fox

Execuse me, but what is exactly your problem? It's not my fault that the new two SRP's are not compatible and cannot be converted automatically by Unity itself. People have the read the official manual before selecting the SRP for their game. Sure, you can try a third party asset / tool to handle some of the converting. But it would be a lot better not to switch the SRP. There should be no reason to do so.

5. yeetoramic

yeetoramic

bro really took that personally

6. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

You're replying to a post that was made 2 years ago. Do not necro posts like this.

Community Code of Conduct

SkylorBeck likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.