Search Unity

from blender to Mixamo to unity ,Blenders Please help me in this one proplem

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by MTDues, Oct 7, 2017.

1. MTDues

MTDues

Blenders Please help me in this
    i made a character in blender and got many meshes that i have textured with high effort

then when i uploaded the character to mixamo then to unity3d the character only has 1 material place
    which is isnt what i want,, my character has cloths diffrent than the skin texture i tried but i always fail

the character without the mixamo has the right palces for me to put textures in unity3d
    but when i upload that character mixamo makes the character model has only 1 material place to put texture

pls heeeeeeeeelp me in this one in my project

thanks inadvance !

2. kburkhart84

kburkhart84

This seems to be an issue with Mixamo. I'm guessing it doesn't keep the same materials. The best solution would be to only have one material on the original mesh, meaning you need to put all your textures, etc... onto 1 single material/texture.

3. DimitriX89

DimitriX89

Why do you need Mixamo in the first place, if you modeled everything in Blender? Even if you planned to use automatic weighting, Blender has it as well.

4. MTDues

MTDues

there is a model named "Soldier" he is with a rifle in his hand too im sure u are familiar with it used all over unity assets in the asset store

this model when i send it to mixamo and then get it back doesnt have the same effect the meshes, textures doesnt merge

for example: i uploaded the soldier model to mixamo then download it with an animation the soldier kept with the material and the rifle he is holding is seperate that he can put the material for it or turn of the mesh renderer for it

i want to have the same result

5. MTDues

MTDues

lazyness xD, mixamo is like my servant

6. DimitriX89

DimitriX89

If you only need animations from Mixamo, you dont have to upload model on their site. Download animations separately, then set them up as Mecanim Humanoid, and you'll be able to plug them into your soldier character in Unity (I strongly suspect this model was already set up for Mecanim, if not, do it yourself, its easy).

MTDues likes this.