Search Unity

From a reliable source I heard the GUI will be in 4.x but not in 4.5.x.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by laapsaap, Mar 14, 2014.

1. laapsaap

laapsaap

From a reliable source I heard the GUI will be in 4.x but not in 4.5.x. My source mumbled something that sounded like version 4.9.9f. Statistically; you are more likely to be hit by thunder than GUI support getting released this year. I have been waiting forever, postponing GUI part of the project so I can avoid NGUI.

But I cannot wait anymore, so I will have to use NGUI and to be honest.. I dont care anymore.

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

3. Kondor0

Kondor0

But he's got a reliable source, dude!

Oh please, they'll probably jump to version 5 after 4.5, man.

4. makeshiftwings

makeshiftwings

My source mumbled that your source mumbles too much.

5. Rodolfo-Rubens

Rodolfo-Rubens

6. OmniverseProduct

OmniverseProduct

No offense, but it sounds like your not even sure what the heck your source said.

7. Alf203

Alf203

Yeah you don't care but then you made this thread…right that makes a whole lot of sense !

1) We already knew that it wasn't going to be in 4.5.

2) If its not in 4.5 then it will be in 4.6 or 4.7 etc…

3) Knowing which version will have the gui doesn't matter because that doesn't tell you when it will be released anyway.

4) Even if you knew when the new Gui would be released, chances are the first version will have some limitations. By that I mean that it will not have all the features that NGUI or others have (because those have been around for a while now). So the initial release of the new gui might be missing something you need so you will have to wait even more for it to become a more complete system.

5) If you need to do your gui now use what is available now, knowing that it will do what you need it to do.

6) Please stop making those gui release speculation threads, there are too many already and don't seem to serve a purpose…If you think they do serve a purpose, then please enlighten me.

8. Dabeh

Dabeh

Imminent lock detected

9. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

10. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Why?

There are plenty of viable options out there to get the job done, and the up front cost of many of them would be less than the cost of postponing such an important part of your project by even one week.