Search Unity

Froggi

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Kjelle69, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Kjelle69

Kjelle69

A Frog adventure with five levels.
    Help Froggi to reach the pond.
    Avoid traps, dont jump out of the picture or get stuck.
    Longer jumps render more points.

An addictive game with simple ‘One-key’ control and Unity physics.

Now released on Kongregate where Score and Level are saved through the Kongregate API

https://www.kongregate.com/games/Kjelle69/froggi

Froggi.png

MoonJellyGames likes this.
  2. MoonJellyGames

MoonJellyGames

Hey Kjelle, I tried out Froggi. The game is fun, but it has potential to be better:

- Graphics need work. The assets with detail look pretty good, but that green terrain looks like a placeholder.

- The frog noises are funny, but with little else filling the sound space, it quickly becomes more annoying. I think music that adding music and lowering the volume of the frog would alleviate this problem.

- The controls are good, but if you land directly in front of some spikes, you can't do anything except jump right into them. For this reason, I would make it so that the frog jumps towards the cursor, allowing you to jump backwards if necessary. This would add another layer of skill to the gameplay too as players would need to carefully (and quickly) choose the angle they need to jump at.

- When you respawn, your energy should be fully replenished. This way you don't completely lose momentum when you die. Too often, I'd die only to die again shortly after because I didn't have the energy to get past obstacle immediately in front of me.

Nice work though. I like playing games like this, especially when I'm stuck talking on the phone or something.

Kjelle69 likes this.
  3. Kjelle69

Kjelle69

Thanks for this very valuable and inspiring input

I think I'll actually try to change some of the things in the direction you suggest.

/Kjelle

MoonJellyGames likes this.
  4. Kjelle69

Kjelle69

I changed the game according to the recommendations. Not ready with the ground details yet, but the general dynamics. Try it out and see if it feels better now.