Search Unity

Question frist game

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by PlayerCasual, Feb 23, 2023.

1. PlayerCasual

PlayerCasual

it was very difficult.. but i realize that the more i use unity the more things become familiar to me... i still don't know how to program a game obviously the result I got:
    1) frustrating commands
    2) the objects on the screen in the menu are not placed as I have chosen some overlap
    I want to ask the experts:
    in my experience I have seen various tutorials... some commanded the players by creating the script from scratch.. others instead... they used the action map, the one that needs to be installed separately.. which automatically programs everything for you... and with a few lines of code you make the player move... what's the best thing?? make a script like the first tutorials... with all the lines of code.. or get help from the second option???
    my result is that the commands seem sometimes not pressed.. but it lasts a few moments..

canvas: Isn't there a way to make everything fit on all screens???
    thank you in advance

2. urkokan

urkokan

no one know?

3. DevDunk

DevDunk

What exactly do you need help with?
    The message was a bit all over the place

4. urkokan

urkokan

i want know what is a bes pratice for set a player movement... cause.. when i touch a comman any key on the phone display sometimes it happens "not always" as if there is a lag making the gaming experience frustrating..
    for my commands i installed and used in the project "input system"... is it ok or is it better to write the commands traditionally like i've seen in other tutorials?

5. DevDunk

DevDunk

Check the input system settings in player settings and check if it has the update mode in dynamic update

6. urkokan

urkokan

talk about this??? i c ant change...

Attached Files:

7. DevDunk

DevDunk

Seems like you have no asset. But yeah, it says dynamic there. Do you actually use the new input system?

8. urkokan

urkokan

I don't know and the first time I create a game with unity what would it be??? I put these commands and that's it...

Code (CSharp):
    1. controls.Ground.Move.performed += ctx =>
    3.         {
    4.             direction = ctx.ReadValue<float>();
    5.         };
    8.         controls.Ground.Jump.performed += ctx => Jump();
    for move and jump