Search Unity

Games Friktal: Exploring Infinity. A Virtual Soundscape Experience.

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by blaher, Jan 24, 2019.

1. blaher

blaher

2. blaher

blaher

Early dev video Unity specific as I played w raymarching (the technique used for Friktal)

3. blaher

blaher

8k Screenshot :) Fav screenshot to date. Getting closer to a dev preview build to share:

zoom in 1:1 to see full 8k and pan around. Unless you have an 8k monitor in which case... please invite me over to play with your toys.

4. blaher

blaher

5. khos

khos

This is interesting, well done! I would not even know where to start with such a project. Would not mind understanding it a bit more, the process to create fractals like that.

6. blaher

blaher

Thanks. Friktal uses a technique called raymarching. A google search of Unity / Raymarching will get a ton of great articles and videos about the technique along with source code, example projects etc.

7. tinymoss

tinymoss

Looks real cool! Would love to explore a fractal in real time like this.

8. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

Wow this is absolutely impressive, awesome and amazing. Please would really love much to know when is going to be released and available to buy or use it. The Web www.friktal.com is not working

The last post is from Feb 2019, so I wonder how is it going in May 2020?

I have found that there is a patron page https://www.patreon.com/Friktal but do not know the difference between patron option 2 and 3, what does it mean that you can play YouTube inside of Friktal? Do you mean video musics from YouTube?

The free preview test seems that is not available, so I want to ask if I will be able to customize and move in your Mandelbox as it is shown on the second video changing the values on inspector?

So then with patreon 10$ you get the unity project to use this inside Unity software?

Congratulations for this really spectacular and stunning thing you have created

Thanks very much for you help

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  9. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

please, does anyone know something about this?

I have tried to see more on the web, but there seems to be no more information, and do not want to pay 10$ if it will not work on Unity 2018 or Unity 2019

Thanks very much for any possible help