Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Games Seeds of Friendship - Farming and Life Sim (Harvest Moon, Stardew, Ect.)

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by Razputin, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Razputin

Razputin

Kickstarter : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/seedsoffriendship/seeds-of-friendship-a-wonderfully-joyful-farming-life-sim?ref=user_menu
    OLD ALPHA BUILD Download Here : https://richoxen.itch.io/friendship-season-alpha-2
    Itch.IO Early Acccess : https://richoxen.itch.io/seeds-of-friendship
    Steam Wishlist : https://store.steampowered.com/app/1493690/Seeds_of_Friendship/

scree5.png

I'm looking for feedback on my WIP game "Friendship Season."

Friendship Season is a farming and life simulator similar to games like Harvest Moon, Stardew Valley, and Story of Seasons.

The game is in early production so many elements are still in development. This is alpha version 2 of the game.

What you can do (Not all of these are complete however.)

Plant Crops, Buy Seeds, Give Items, Build Items, Build Buildings, Sell Items, Talk to NPC's, Fish, Place Furniture, Change Seasons.

What you'll be able to do

Visit the city, Visit the Beach, Ride horses, Ride vehicles, Get Married, Upgrade your house, place more furniture, more building, more items and crafting recipes, multiple languages (english, spanish, russian, german, french, portugese, chinese, japanese).

Controls :

WASD - Move

I - Inventory

E - Equip

F/Mouse0 - Use Item / Talk

M - Map

Esc - Menu

Tab - Strafe Mode / Free Mode

https://twitter.com/AdamDeLease

Thanks!

scree1.png scree4.png

Progress Video Playlist :

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  2. Razputin

Razputin

Work in progress main menu, what do you think of non-static backgrounds? This one takes us on a trip around the town.

3. xPhrophet

xPhrophet

The art style and atmosphere is really good. Exploring the interior of houses was interesting. Some suggestions :

- Lock and hide the mouse cursor and replace it with a UI icon to aim.
    - Camera should zoom out when character is standing close to large objects, especially trees.

- Also zoom in to first person mode when in a tight space like the attic of the neighors house.
    Or raise the ceiling higher.
    - Vary the trees in size, rotation, and color.
    - Give the player a skateboard so he can go up those ramps like a pro.
    - Roaming furry creatures should shoot fireballs that one shot the player, and have a mana bar. They weren't nearly menacing enough.
    - Furry creatures push player out of the way while moving. Having them sphere cast to avoid moving obstacles, or if using navmesh agent, give player a Obstacle component so they will avoid naturally.
    - Items hot bar seems to be glitchy. Upon taking an axe from the box it appears in his hand, cut down tree, then suddenly hotbar was full of items. Wasn't able to get the axe to work again.
    - If hotbar is meant to be accessed with keys 1-9 its fine, but if intended to click on the UI icons, then would be better for hotbar to be positioned at bottom of the screen. Easier to see and click on.
    - Large objects such as trees completely block sight of player when they get too close to camera. A spherecast from camera pointing at player to disable the objects renderer would be a quick fix.
    - You really nailed the Sun Rise / Set transition. Though while setting it will go pitch black then become almost like daytime again as the moon may be too bright and sudden.
    - I actually prefer when the night is almost pitch black. Punishes the player for not having a torch or light source on hand.
    - Player moves incredibly fast, especially noticeable in overhead map, yet with the amount of ground he has to cover, especially as you add more places to visit, a fast travel system or vehicle would help, while slowing the players speed down to be more natural.
    - While clicking on one of the items it sent the player flying into the sky so far that the land beneath him disappeared. Was disappointed by a lack of sky/cloud biome up there to land on and explore.

The game has some great potential. Looking forward to future updates.

Razputin likes this.
  4. Razputin

Razputin

Maybe next time Augustus...

Augustus.png

5. Razputin

Razputin

Hey guys, here is my first version of the character creator! I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out

6. Razputin

Razputin

I increased the color's. Is it too bright now or does it look good?

I'm leaning towards good, but could be persuaded that it's too bright now. Thoughts?

upload_2020-9-7_23-59-32.png

7. Razputin

Razputin

Hi guys, check out this Project Overview video, it shows off several of the features the game currently has.

8. Razputin

Razputin

It's been a while since I posted an update, this is because as the game develops less time is spent adding features and more time is spent refining the ones that already exist. So instead here is 20 raw minutes of gameplay footage from Seeds of Friendship. You will notice a few bugs and placeholder models, but this demonstrates a great deal of the games features by someone actually playing!

The name of the game has also been changed from "Friendship Season" to "Seeds of Friendship". The original title left a lot to be desired in my opinion, it was bland and didn't have a nice flow to it. A title with 3 words also fits the "Rule of Three" in advertising. This is the idea that things which come in threes are more satisfying/appealing/funny/effective and I tend to agree.

Update Notes :
    • New Menu System
    • Calendar System that shows the days in the month and marks important dates like Holidays/Birthdays
    • End of Day Screen that tabulates earnings, shows tomorrows weather, and announces special events for the day.
    • You now must pay a monthly fee to "Regeneration" via your mailbox or they will re-possess your farm. This is important to the games story.
    • New Water System
    • New Terrain Details (Cattails, Seaweed)
    • Foraging, you may loot things that grow in the environment like Mushrooms.
    • New Options (FOV slider, Exposure Slider, Saturation Slider, Windowed Mode)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  9. Razputin

Razputin

Hello, this feature has actually been in the game for a while but I'm not sure that I've shown it off. It's looking really good now that I got some new environmental models, so I thought a quick video of it would be warranted.

There are four months/seasons in the game with specific crops/plants/animals.
    • Spring
      • Crops
        • Cabbage, Garlic, Onion, Potato
      • Flora
        • Mushroom
      • Fauna
        • Ladybug
    • Summer
      • Crops
        • Apple Tree, Corn, Melon, Pineapple, Tomato, Turnip, What
      • Flora
        • Sunflower
      • Fauna
        • Dragonfly
    • Fall
      • Crops
        • Beet, Carrot, Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, Rutabaga
      • Flora
        • Autumn Cap
      • Fauna
        • Moth
    • Winter
      • Crops
        • None
      • Flora
        • Winter Cap
      • Fauna
        • Snowfly
    More will be added later, but these are what's there for now.

Flora may be picked up and looted for crafting/selling, while Fauna can be captured using a net.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  10. Razputin

Razputin

11. Razputin

Razputin

Hello guys, In todays video I show off some small but important features that I've added to the game.

Features in this video
    • SFX
    • Gibberish When Talking.
    • Collect Bugs
    • New Forgeable Items
    • New Models for the Environment
    • Several New Options in the Menu
    • Customizable Trail

12. Razputin

Razputin

13. Razputin

Razputin

In Seeds of Friendship Many animals have escaped the Cities Zoo recently.
    Repair your Animal Sanctuary and you'll have a new, safe, home for them.
    Each one has a unique way to rescue them!
    Can you guess how you'd rescue this big boy?

Gorilla.png

14. Razputin

Razputin

Seeds of Friendship Update #2

Hello everyone, it's been about a month since the last update and things are going well. The following video contains many of the changes and additions in this update, however I'd like to take a moment to point out some of the most important. There are now several escaped zoo animals running around the farmlands. Befriending one of these animals will open up access to the Old Animal Sanctuary. You can repair habitats in this area in order to give the escaped zoo animals a safe place to live. Each escaped zoo animal has a unique was to get it to join, so good luck with your rescuing! Another feature I feel greatly improves the game is the updated menu. It now appears as if it was a cell phone whos buttons bring you to different menu panels. Finally, there is now a placeholder introduction cutscene that should help explain some of the games areas and features. This is not the final version of this cutscene but I wanted to get something out there for people to see.

Changes
    • Started changing the menu into a "Cell Phone" style menu.
    • Increased the max slope angle the player could walk on.
    Fixes
    • Selecting an Item then closing the menu causes the item to stay on the screen.
    • Fixed a bug involving occlusion culling of objects that had been destroyed.
    • Fixed a bug where the wrong settings were running on startup, this was causing things like shadows to not appear.
    • Fixed a bug where the character creator would display the wrong model first.
    • Add a sound for the hoe.
    Additions
    • Added Algae Item.
    • Added Boot Item.
    • Added Bamboo Item.
    • Added Item Cymbal.
    • Added New Area for Animal Sanctuary
    • Added Animal Sanctuary - Recruit Escaped Zoo Animals to your Animal Sanctuary.
    • Added Zoo Animal Building - Flamingo
    • Added Zoo Animal - Flamingo
    • Added Zoo Animal - Gorilla
    • Added Zoo Animal - Panda
    • Added Crafting Recipe for Boot Hat
    • Added Flamingo Hat
    • Added Boot Hat.
    • Added a placeholder introduction cutscene that explains some key areas of the town.

15. Razputin

Razputin

Here is a first pass at a trailer for Early Access :)

16. Razputin

Razputin

17. Razputin

Razputin