Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Friends Management using UGS

Discussion in 'Unity Gaming Services General Discussion' started by Galahad451, Jan 19, 2023.

1. Galahad451

Galahad451

I have been conducting extensive research on utilizing Unity Gaming Services for implementing friend management functionality, such as adding and removing friends, sending friend requests, and issuing battle requests. My initial thought was to utilize the Cloud Save feature and Player Id from authentication to gather information about players and use Cloud Code in conjunction. However, I am uncertain as to how to obtain the Player Id of other players. Are there any suggestions on potential solutions for this issue?

Patrick_Janeiro likes this.
  2. MiTschMR

MiTschMR

I thought there is something going on in a closed beta.

Patrick_Janeiro likes this.
  3. LanceFoxUnity

LanceFoxUnity

Unity Technologies

There is indeed. I am working on a Friends solution that is in Closed Beta right now! I'd be more than happy to let you in to check it out.

DM me the OrgID of your organization (in the URL in Unity Dashboard) and the name of your project and you're in!

4. MiTschMR

MiTschMR

If possible, is there a timeline on when a public announcement is released on this feature with an info on when it is available, pricing strategy etc?

5. LanceFoxUnity

LanceFoxUnity

Unity Technologies

I can communicate that Open Beta will come in the next couple months, likely sooner than later.

Open Beta is a phase when we communicate on the product in greater detail, until that time those details might change and it would be very not-good to tell you one plan and then announce another. This current phase, Closed Beta, is used for testing and talking with developers to ensure that what this technology is is what people actually want.

If you'd like to join the closed beta and talk with me in greater detail just shoot me your OrginizationID and project name in a DM.

MiTschMR likes this.
  6. Blacklister001

Blacklister001

Is there a chat feature for sending emojis or pre defined text messages like in 8 ball pool. Currently I am using photon for this but I would like to know if this is possible with Unitys official multiplayer solution.