Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Friend can't join our collabo

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by BurningDev, Sep 28, 2019.

1. BurningDev

BurningDev

Hello, two friends and me are trying to create a tower defense game.
    But my only one of my friends where able to join the collabo.
    My friend's hub shows the project grayed out:
    unity project.png
    Looking into my dashboard I see this:
    unity_users.png
    But on his Dashboard it looks like this:
    unity_user.png
    Any Idea why he has no access to unity teams?
    I invited him as a user to my organisation and I tripple checked that I have enough seets for all.
    When I remove him I have 1 seet left, if I add him I'm on 0 so this shouldn't be the problem.

When he clicks on the "no" he gets a 404 error. The tooltip shows "You don't have Unity Teams access in the {orgName} organization. You won't be able to use Collaborate or Cloud Build."

Yes, he added a personal licence.

Any idea?
    Thanks!

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @BurningDev, has your friend Hans checked their email to see if they needed to accept the invitation to your project? If that isn't the case then could you please contact our Support team so that they can help get you all unblocked? You can reach them by going to your project's Dashboard, expanding the Collaborate tab, clicking on Support and Open a Ticket.

3. BurningDev

BurningDev

I promoted him to manager within our organization but I don't think that this should be necessary.
    I gave him already user access on the projects dashboard so I don't know whats wrong.
    For now it works.
    Could there be any problem with Hans who has his own organization?

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

I don't believe you did anything wrong. Judging by our Documentation on adding Teammates to your project, it appears like only Managers and Owners in the Organization have access to all of its projects by default. That said, you did add the User specifically to your project and gave them a Teams seat, which should have given them access. I'm going to investigate this further and file a bug on this.

Was Hans already a member of your Organization or a teammate that you added to your project straight from the Developer Dashboard?

5. BurningDev

BurningDev

First I added him on the Dashboad. But sice we had this problem I removed him from, added him to the organization and then readded him. Since this hasn't wotked too I did some more investigation and found out that he is twice in my org, one time as the user I made him but another time still as guest. Removing him as guest hadn't worked too so my last idea was to promote him since the doc said that manager+ have access to all projects.
    I also checked each time the dashboard that he was still assigned to the project and checked his dashboard too.
    I hope that information helps, if anything is unclear or you need more info tell me :)

Pusheeneiro likes this.
  6. deadlycrow

deadlycrow

Hey, how is this problem still a thing? 2021 and i can't get to work with other people through unity teams. They are on the same organization, and they are added to the project, YET they are not able to see the cloud project in the hub, yes we tried login out and login in again, 3 times, restarting the computer, nothing worked. The odd thing is that they can see very old cloud projects, but NOT the most recent one which is the one we need them to be working together, funny how this is so glitchy, YET a paid feature. BTW we are using 2020.2.3f1.

rocaagustin likes this.