Search Unity

Bug Freeze forever on build

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by AndreyStrokan, Oct 22, 2021.

1. AndreyStrokan

AndreyStrokan

Hello everyone, I'm developing for Oculus Quest 1.
    I encountered a strange error, the cause of its occurrence is unknown. During the game, a freeze occurs. The last frame is saved and you see it just as a 2D image in a dark room.
    upload_2021-10-22_14-53-18.png

2. MaskedMouse

MaskedMouse

That's not a lot of information to go on. Could be anything.

The occurrence is unknown, which means it happens randomly? Anywhere in your game?
    What happens if you create a development build and have the profiler attached to it?
    Any CPU or memory spikes just before the freeze occurs?
    Are you using Vulkan? (if so, try OpenGLES 3 instead)
    What version of Unity are you using? What version of Oculus XR?
    Anything specific your game is executing while this happens?

3. MaskedMouse

MaskedMouse

I'm getting back to you here now, because I seem to have the same problem now.
    It seems that the Oculus Quest has gone to use the OpenXR backend since 3.0.0-pre.1

I see this "space handle invalid" as well and it "shocks" the screen until it just freezes because it can't recover.

In the documentation of OpenXR
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.xr.openxr@1.3/manual/index.html

Code (CSharp):
    1. An issue with an invalid stage space during startup may cause problems with the XR Rig component from the com.unity.xr.interaction.toolkit package, or the camera offset component in the com.unity.xr.legacyinputhelpers package. These packages will be updated shortly to contain fixes for this issue. Until then the workaround is to use the Floor Device Tracking Option setting.
    Not entirely sure if that is the related issue. But I went back to
    Oculus XR 1.11.0
    and that has fixed it for me.
    1.11.0 is not Open XR.