Search Unity

FreeLook.OnTransitionFromCamera not working anymore?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by andrematui, Sep 20, 2018.

1. andrematui

andrematui

I was using the method OnTransitionFromCamera when transitioning between a regular third person camera and an over the shoulder camera, but since updating to the new 2018 version it doesn't seem to work anymore (the axis values stay unchanged).
    I worked around it by sending the axis values from one camera to the other when the transition happens, but it I don`t know if that`s the best way to handle this.
    Is there a new method or better way to keep the axis values when transitioning from one FreeLook to another?

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

The upcoming CM version (2.2.8) has had some work done in this direction. The problem is that heterogeneous FreeLooks (different binding modes, different targets, different orbits) might interpret the axis values quite differently, so simply transferring the values isn't always a valid solution when transitioning. What one tends to want is minimal camera movement.

So stick with your workaround, and if and when you upgrade to 2.2.8, try the automatic transitioning. It's designed to set the incoming axis values to minimize the camera movement over the course of the transition.