Search Unity

FreeLook Collider interfering with my own Raycasts

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by elpramnoj, Dec 14, 2019.

1. elpramnoj

elpramnoj

I have set up a FreeLook camera to have a basic third person follow camera. I attached a CinemachineCollider script to handle collision. I also have raycasts in my own character controller script originating from my character's step offset (0.6 above ground level) casting into the ground (length of 1.6). However, when the CinemachineCollider is activated with AvoidObstacles toggled true, my raycasts used to determine if my character is grounded no longer returns any hits.

This is really odd and I'm not sure what could be causing it. I've looked into the CinemachineCollider script but everything seems to be pretty secure in there. I was wondering if anybody had any ideas of what could be causing this issue, or if anybody has had a similar issue.

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

We have not encountered this issue before. Can you set up a lightweight demo project that shows this effect and DM it to me?

3. elpramnoj

elpramnoj

Yes, I will try and get that made as soon as I have some time. I tried to DM you initially since I saw you were very active with Cinemachine, but it marked my message as spam and wouldn't let me send it, so hopefully it will let me next time