Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Freelook camera stuttering when following Target

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by mrCharli3, Jun 5, 2018.

1. mrCharli3

mrCharli3

I have attached a Free Look Camera to my character.
    However, when my character turns and moves the camera stutters in a strange way. Below is my VC Component and a GIF of the effect.

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Try turning up your angular damping, especially the yaw. It could be that the animation is rotating the target unsteadily. Do it in all 3 rigs of the FreeLook.

mrCharli3 likes this.
  3. mrCharli3

mrCharli3

This is bothering me to no end. If I choose "Simple follow with world up" the camera is smooth as butter. BUT it does not always start behind my player (i.e does not seem to use target forward to set direction). In order to get it to do that I need to change to "Lock to target with world up", but then I get the behaviour above, and as you say, changing the damping does help, but it's still there, just smoother "stuttering".

Is there any way I can use "Simple follow with world up" and have the camera ALWAYS start behind the player? Really awkward to have to manually adjust it as soon as game starts.

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Yes, this is a bug in SimpleFollow which has been fixed in the latest CM 2.2.0, available from Package Manager. Try upgrading, and please let me know if it solves the problem.

mrCharli3 likes this.