Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Freelancing world...

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by JACLEMGO, Aug 5, 2017.

1. JACLEMGO

JACLEMGO

Hi fellow unity devs,

Just wanted to start a conversation about the quality of projects currently on the freelance job markets (freelancer, upwork, etc..) is it just me, or are clients excepting more and more, and paying less?

Has anyone else experienced the same thing?

Except for Unity Connect, are there any other freelancer markets where we could find some quality clients, with realistic expectations and budgets?

Just to give some context here, I have done over 90 freelance projects, between freelancer, upwork and some direct clients

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    HolBol likes this.
  2. boxhallowed

boxhallowed

It's the free market. FZD talks about it allot. Clients want it fast and cheap, and there are LOTS of people who cater to that.

3. liortal

liortal

I haven't used Upwork but it seems that other jobs on Codementor, Freelancer, etc are not really high quality. Usually the requests are something like "need to reskin game" or other, less coherent descriptions.

4. AlexKostas

AlexKostas

I am using Freelancer for over 1 month. What I have understand: Most people ask for programmers to copy existing games or asking people to make AAA Games for about 250$. If you find any realistic job you have to be better than 1000 people to get the job.