Search Unity

[FREE] VR Tunnelling Pro - Plug-And-Play VR Comfort

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Lyje, Feb 14, 2018.

1. tcmeric

tcmeric

Hi, check if this is working with single pass for oculus GO at the moment? Thanks!

2. Lyje

Lyje

Yes, it is :)

tcmeric likes this.
  3. tcmeric

tcmeric

4. choquerg

choquerg

I'm trying to make the example scene of the project work on Unity2017.3 , on a Vive but as soon as Virtual Reality Supported is ticked, I lose the effect of tunelling.
    If I force the appearance of the effect in the debug mode of the tunneling script, and max ouf the value of the coverage slider, I'm able to see a black circle occultation , but with no transparency effect.
    Is there some kind of known incompatibility between vive headset or the unity version and your plugin?

5. Gustorvo

Gustorvo

Same here, as soon as I enable VR in project settings, the tunnelling effect disappears. Tried even on an empty unity project, the same issue. using latest VR tunnelling package and unity 2018.1.9f2

6. choquerg

choquerg

I
    You can use mobile vrtp to get the basic effect to work, but you lose some of the customisations options.

7. Jackm1993

Jackm1993

I am using the standard 3D format on Unity 2018.2.14f1. I have tried on multiple computers and have had the same effect. It looks like other users are having the same issue based on recent posts in this thread.

8. Lyje

Lyje

Ok, thanks for the info. I'm on holiday for a bit and primarily working on other projects but I'll try to get to this in the next couple of weeks or so. Apologies for the delay!

9. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

The tunnelling effect itself doesn't seem to be affected by changing the feathering amount, the vignette is a solid black block coloured circle and not a blurred smooth vignette for me, tried in a new project with just SteamVR used and also a project with nothing. All on unity 2019.1.0f2

*quick edit* - Have managed to get it working with the mobile version of the script from the example scene, it is good enough for our use anyway - worth looking at what's broken in 2019.1.0f2 though.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    FlightOfOne likes this.
  10. FlightOfOne

FlightOfOne

Could you elaborate on this, I am having no luck either. I am 2019.1.1 and single pass (HTC/oculus). Thanks!

11. ugur

ugur

the desktop vr tunneling neither works for vive nor oculus right now (see a few past messages).
    You have to use the mobile tunneling mobile script instead.
    In the sample scene you can see it has both the desktop script and the mobile script on the camera and the desktop script is enabled and the mobile one disabled. Try toggling off the desktop one and toggling on the mobile one.

ROBYER1 likes this.
  12. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

See the post from Ugur below mine, hopefully the plugin gets updated!

13. FlightOfOne

FlightOfOne

Thanks, I tried mobile no luck. I ended up using the post processing stack 2 (from unity) with the vignette effect form that. Simply doing vignette (tunneling effect on the camera) brought down motion sickness potential by about 80%. Now I can drive a car high speeds on uneven terrain with out too much discomfort (vs before, I would almost immediately have to stop). I tried my own rudimentary cage thing but I can't tell if did much more than the vignette -I will be doing some more experimentation on this later.

14. Lyje

Lyje

Hi all, just fixed the issue and pushed to master. It was due to a unity shader constant being exactly the opposite value to what the docs said :D

ROBYER1, FlightOfOne and ugur like this.
  15. ugur

ugur

nice, thanks =)

16. Lyje

Lyje

Is the mobile effect not appearing at all for you?

17. ugur

ugur

for me the mobile script works with settings like these:

ROBYER1 likes this.
  18. FlightOfOne

FlightOfOne

yep, absolutely nothing, as if it isn't even there. I attached the mobile script to the camera, tick those velocity parameters and hit play, and nothing. I am using the steam vr plugin though. Not sure if that is causing any issues.

19. Lyje

Lyje

Could you post a screenshot of the hierarchy and the VRTP inspector please?

20. FlightOfOne

FlightOfOne

I have already removed this from the project but I will re-add and post a screenshot later today. Thanks!

By the way I see that this is in use with your game? Is the game on steam by any chance? I want to test it out.

21. Lyje

Lyje

FlightOfOne likes this.
  22. Lyje

Lyje

The fix is now live on the Asset Store as well as Github.

FlightOfOne and ROBYER1 like this.
  23. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

I noticed that VRTP only works on the Left Eye when Single Pass Instanced is enabled on Windows 10 - I am developing with a Windows Mixed Reality Headset (Lenovo Explorer) and Steamvr although nothing custom has been done to the rendering or camera rig, the camera is a default unity camera on a rigidbody fps controller rig. Post processing is disabled also.

upload_2019-5-28_10-10-18.png

24. FlightOfOne

FlightOfOne

Sorry I never got to do this. From my recent test, only using vignette seem to be enough, at least I am getting zero discomfort. In my game view is restricted to begin with (sort of like the cage) and the movements are mostly slow with very little Y rotation(this is what gets me). I will have to see with some player testings, see how they feel.

I did however get get your game like a week ago but still haven't had the time to install it!o_O I am excited to trying it out though. Hopefully this weekend.

Cheers!

Lyje likes this.
  25. Lyje

Lyje

Sorry to ask a slightly stupid question but to be clear - does it work fine with Multi Pass and Single Pass (non instanced)?

26. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Yes it works fine with those modes. Are you able to recreate it?

27. Lyje

Lyje

Haven't had a chance to look yet I'm afraid. On my list!

28. Hobodi

Hobodi

Hi, will there be cage mode in mobile version of tunneling?
    Normal version doesn't work with lwrp, but mobile is enough.
    I want to see the area of visibility not in the middle of the camera but towards the look of the body of the character. Is the cage responsible for this?

29. Lyje

Lyje

Cage mode isn't supported in the mobile version as mobile VR essentially isn't capable of it. However I plan to get both versions working on LWRP in the near future.

This isn't really to do with the cage - the effect is drawn relative to the camera, not relative to the "body". However I could look into having a custom "forward" direction to determine where the centre is. No promises right now though I'm afraid!

Hobodi likes this.
  30. V-J

V-J

SOLVED: by changing the min and max value

Hi I'm developing for the Quest, and when i enable all motion detection settings it works.
    I get the tunneling effect when i rotate or move my headset back and forward.

The goal is to get only the tunneling when i use the thumbstick for movement.
    How can i achieve this?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  31. ryancampfire

ryancampfire

How to remove it without breaking second-screen rendering?

I've decided it's not really what we want, but we've got a second screen that shows an options UI and if I remove the VR Tunneling then the second screen stops updating. What do you think you have changed that would have changed how that second screen works. I would lose a lot by reverting to when we first added VR Tunneling, I'd like to be able to extract it without breaking other things.

32. Hobodi

Hobodi

Now i use ony debug mod
    Now i use it from tunnellingMobile._debugForceValue in game, becouse it more flexible to my game system.
    I commented all if_unity.editor lines but still have errors, hope that setting will be open further.

Btw. LWRP have error with blackscreen on mobile, this is not necessary at now.

ROBYER1 likes this.
  33. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Would you say this plugin could be used as a fade-to-black screen effect also via scripting?

in other news, planning on using this with UniversalRP (LWRP) on mobile for the Oculus Quest, will report my findings back here to let others know if the mobile script works with URP on mobile VR.

34. esr184

esr184

Hi

Is VRTP compatible with HDCP?

35. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Still having the left eye only issues, I am able to send a reproducible example if you need one?

36. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

@Lyje It is currently only working for the left eye in Single-Pass Instanced on Desktop, I have a repro project if it helps?

It works fine if I switch to Multi-pass

single pass issues.PNG

37. Lyje

Lyje

Single Pass Instanced is now supported - it should work on 2017.4 onwards! Currently this is just on GitHub, so if you need SPI, grab the latest version of the master branch from there.

ROBYER1 likes this.
  38. Lyje

Lyje

Not explicitly. The mobile script should work fine, but the desktop (post processing) script won't.
    (I'm assuming you mean HDRP?)

39. rtknapp

rtknapp

I can't get any of the 3 tunneling scripts to work with the Oculus OVRplayercontroller camera. The sample scene works when moving with the "WSAD" keys, but using the touch controller thumbsticks to move doesn't apply the effect. Please help as I would really like to use it in my VR app.

upload_2019-12-22_16-15-14.png

40. Lyje

Lyje

Does the OVRPlayerController component move it's own transform or a child? Double check the Motion Target is the object that actually moves.

41. rtknapp

rtknapp

Thanks for your quick reply! Yes I believe the OVRPlayerController moves the OVR camera rig and all attached player items (hand models, etc). It's from the "Oculus Integration" package in the Asset store. Can you confirm that it works? I really want to use it in all my apps. Here are my OVRPlayerController properties:
    upload_2019-12-24_18-20-8.png

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  42. rtknapp

rtknapp

And here's my Hierarchy:
    upload_2019-12-24_18-35-27.png

43. rtknapp

rtknapp

Just figured it out! The script has to be placed on the "CenterEyeAnchor" to work properly on the Oculus Integration "OVRCameraRig" prefab. Awesome, now my players won't get sick. :) Thanks again!
    I

44. rtknapp

rtknapp

Solved: Values of 0 Min and 1 Max for both Linear Acceleration and Linear Velocity work perfectly.

I have the same issue for Rift S. Can you describe the values you set and where? Disabling "Angular Velocity" doesn't remove the effect on rotation as expected.

Also, did you have to attach the script to the "CenterEyeAnchor" for it to work?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  45. hmx_manrad

hmx_manrad

Thanks so much for putting out this excellent asset I’ve recently integrated it into one of our prototypes, and while its working great in the editor, I see no tunneling effect when I build a standalone. There aren’t any hints that I can see in the log to indicate what might be going wrong. I’ve tried both the mobile and normal versions of effect. I’m in Unity 2019.2.8f1 and using the MultiPass stereo rendering mode. Any idea what might be going on?!

46. Lyje

Lyje

Hi (and sorry for not replying to your email yet!) - is there any chance you've moved shaders out of the Resources folder?

47. secret_portal_mike

secret_portal_mike

I don't think so, I brought the .zip from Github into my project as-is. There are a bunch of shaders in the VrTunnellingPro/Resources/Shaders folder. There are also some shaders (like CageOpaque) in the VrTunnellingPro/Shaders folder... Just in case, I also did a test where I loaded some of the shaders into the AlwaysIncludedShaders section of the Graphics settings in Unity (but this didnt help)

upload_2020-2-10_10-22-37.png

Is there some other project setting I might be missing?

48. hmx_manrad

hmx_manrad

Ooops was logged into the wrong account, the reply from secret_portal_mike was me!

49. Lyje

Lyje

I can't seem to reproduce the issue - could you send a repro project or something?

50. HanAusBerlin

HanAusBerlin

Hi. Cool asset! I am using it for quest. However I cant get to manage that i dont get a vignette on rotating but only when moving forward. I tried all options (of course deactivated angular movement as well) and also different motion targets (player controller, camera rig etc.). The script is attached to the center eye anchor. No matter what I do I always see a vignette when turning around/moving the head, which is kind of annoying.