Search Unity

⭕ [FREE VOUCHER] PBR Materials Mega Pack ⭕

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Graphics_Dev, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

Short notice, the update for this pack will go live any minute now adding it to 100+ materials: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/2d/textures-materials/pbr-materials-variety-pack-1-34607

Get it now if you want it before the price bump takes effect. If you buy it in the next couple hours, you can get it for $4.99 and get the update for free.

100 materials total, more on the way! I took a break for 4 years to do school, but I'm back at it now :)

PBS Materials Variety Pack 1
    PBS Materials Variety Pack 2

Hex Lattice Substance/PBR Materials - 25% off (see last message in this thread)

50% off PBR Materials Mega Pack (comment here to get the discount code)

pbr_mega_pack.png

Black Octagonal Tiles 1 render.png

WIP thread: https://forum.unity.com/threads/suggestions-please-pbr-update-more-coming-soon.1319538/

Snapshot of the 85 available rn:

all_materials.png

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
  2. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

3. yc960

yc960

texture resolutions?

4. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

@yc960 PBS 2 is almost exclusively 2048x2048 (with one or two at 1024) for the main textures (normals, albedo, occlusion, etc.). There are a few textures that are not used directly (such as a rust map) that are used for the detail channel of Unity's PBR shader that are lower resolution. PBS 1 is about half and half with 2048 and 1024.

5. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

Thanks to everyone who has put both of these materials packs on the front page of the asset store! I greatly appreciate your support.

Let me know if you have any recommendations for PBS 3! :D

As always, I'm happy to answer each and every question you have, so fire away. Even though you probably sneeze at the price, I value each individual customer's questions and expectations because that's how we grow our business. :)

6. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

I am considering changing the price of this PBS Materials series. I would welcome your input with regards to the quality + price ratio, especially if you have already purchased this. In your responses, please include whether you have already purchased these assets and if you think the price is too high, too low, or reasonable.

PBS Materials Variety Pack 2:

7. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

90% off PBS Materials Variety Pack 2, get it now for only $0.50!

(Yes, it really is just 50 cents!)

8. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

New Material!

So I was able to generate this material with Blender's Cycles baker, node-based materials and some painting/sculpting. I'm going for the wavy dunes sand pattern here, but it is easily adjustable based on any heightmap that you throw on top. The details are all done with the details slots on the Standard shader, so it is very easy to tweak into a wide variety of materials because the albedo and main normal maps can be whatever you want. If you set it to a pinkish white, you can get pink sand, etc. With different normal maps (which are just black and white bump maps that are imported into Unity as a normal map), you can change the shape of the dunes, or even remove them altogether.

9. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

Hey everyone!! I'm backkkkk!

In the last 4 years, I've completed a degree in computer science and have settled into my full-time gig. I've finally got a bit of free time to work on some assets again, so I just spent a few hours cleaning up my publisher page and product images and making sure my PBR materials packs are good to go in newer versions of Unity (I had last exported them from Unity 5!!! :eek:). Updates should be live within a few days

In the meantime, the asset store added a nice little upgrade option, so I setup one for my PBR materials pack! You can upgrade to PBS pack 2 for only $3.99 if you've already bought pack 1!! :p:D

10. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

Had some fun rendering one of the textures in Blender tonight, let me know what y'all think:

0025.png

11. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

Another render from a Pack 1 material

0007.png

12. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

New materials coming soon - hex lattice with emissive bulbs! I've got so many game ideas for these ones... :confused:

Here's a quick peek of them in Unity:

These will be Pack #3, but there'll be an upgrade discount if you already have packs 1 or 2 :cool:

Free voucher code for pack #2: ASV-7U9P-WAMP-YNRN-VCUP-KGQL

If you use this, please leave a review/rating, it helps me a lot :)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
  13. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

Voucher code has been redeemed! Will be giving away more free codes shortly though.

14. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

Another free voucher code coming for pack 1. Be the fastest to reply to this thread, and I'll DM the code :cool:

15. Rowlan

Rowlan

Thank you! :)

Graphics_Dev likes this.
  16. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

Alrighty y'all, the PBR Material Pack updates have finally gone live o_O Product images are improved a bit, and I uploaded from a more modern Unity version. More updates coming soon...

17. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

18. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

100+ PBR Material Mega Pack coming soon to the Asset Store! All of our materials will get thrown in here up to 1000 materials. We're currently right around 100 and are now uploading more consistently.

Comment here and I'll message you with your exclusive 50% off discount to get it now on Gumroad!

https://integritysg.gumroad.com/l/pbr-mega-pack

19. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

Another material built over the weekend o_O

Black Octagonal Tiles 1 render.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 7.01.15 AM.png

20. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

21. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

22. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

Package restructuring coming soon! PBR 1 and 2 will be replaced with the full pack and a sampler pack respectively. The PBR 1 price will be going up, up, up, so get it now before the price bump.

Here's a quick screenshot of how the mega PBR pack is looking in Unity:

Screen Shot 2022-08-20 at 12.19.52 AM.png

23. AdrielCodeops

AdrielCodeops

Hi! I don't know if I'm late, but I'd like to know if I can still get a discount on the megapack? Amazing work!

24. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

@adrielhrc You sure can, I just DM'd you the code! :eek:

AdrielCodeops likes this.
  25. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

More renders as I prep the new pack update:

tile5.png

26. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

How about another material? Apologies for the gif quality, Unity Forums has pretty stringent limits on file size

ezgif-4-c5daee5fd6.gif

27. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

28. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

29. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

Well they published the free version already, not sure why they're dragging their feet on this one :confused: Tick tock tick tock ⏰

But that does give y'all a little more time to pick it up for just under $5. Going once, going twice, ...

Anyways, what should the next material be :rolleyes:

30. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

Still at the discounted price. Time to ping Unity again soon :oops:

31. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

Well Unity just reached out to me and said it's been stuck in the queue, so...will re-upload soon :)

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 10.47.29 AM.png

32. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

Resubmitted the asset...we'll see if it can get out shortly :confused:

33. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

PBR Materials Mega Pack is now live!!

As always, more materials coming, get it now before the price goes up!

34. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

Wow! Thanks to everyone who's been supporting this package on the asset store! What are some new materials y'all would like to see in the future?

35. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

Looking at new tile variations soon, but I'm pretty booked up this weekend!

36. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

37. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

Anyone want a free copy of the mega pack? Next good review on sampler pack gets a free voucher (must be English)! Negative feedback goes here so we can improve

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  38. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

Suggestions are welcome!

39. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Nice package with very good materials!
    A suggestion: for the demo scene a optinal 1st person control that can be turned on and off and a button that switches optional views with only material by a useful grouping maybe.

Graphics_Dev likes this.
  40. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

Got it, thanks for the ideas. I made that demo scene more for myself, and didn't really put much effort into building something useful for when you download the package! Definitely not good, and I'll try to put together something a bit better :)

41. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

Review voucher is still open :)

42. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

Still available :oops:

43. hopeful

hopeful

As far as suggestions go, I'd like more realistic textures, like Brick 1, and more similar alternatives. Like, generally any city using red brick will have maybe half a dozen subtly different types. And there will be painted brick, etc. Same for asphalt, concrete, fabric, carpet, and so on.

Higher resolution is also favorable, since you can always scale down for texture LOD, mobile, whatever, but you can't raise the resolution.

Even if the detail isn't better, larger textures can be helpful in the fight against repeating patterns. Sometimes people use noise / dirt / grunge decals to help fight repeating patterns, and maybe that's an angle to pursue.

But, as an artist, you should follow your creativity and make what you're inspired to make. That will probably put some unique things in the kit, which might be appealing. Though I do have to say that it's rare that any materials pack has even one decent brick material, let alone two.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    Graphics_Dev likes this.
  44. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

@hopeful Thanks for all the suggestions! I really appreciate it! I'm embarrassed with some of the materials in this pack because I was such a newbie back in the day, but I don't want to remove them now in case that would mess up links if someone updated the package. I'll still be adding some as I have time, but I'm also working on putting together a team of artists to help get me to 1000 materials. Any future materials will be 2048 or 4096. And I'm looking for more talented artists than myself, so hopefully the quality will go up soon. I'll try to start making the physical size bigger as well, but that's definitely a challenge when they are photographed materials (it's hard to get a good angle and large space, and often there are windows or other objects in the way anyhoo). Maybe if I tile it, then edit it to add variations...

hopeful likes this.
  45. hopeful

hopeful

Also, be sure to add additional textures like gloss / roughness, emission, detail, specular / metallic, where appropriate. Because if you are a developer and you don't need these, you can always omit them from your material, but if you do need them, they can be tricky or basically impossible to generate on your own.

Graphics_Dev likes this.
  46. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

We'll continue to offer free version of the mega pack. See comment in thread ^

47. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

Offer is still going :)

48. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

Good morning everybody!

49. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

Free vouchers are still available.

50. Graphics_Dev

Graphics_Dev

We'll extend the voucher deal yet a little longer :eek: