Search Unity

Free Unity Project - Nascar Driving

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by JamesArndt, Oct 1, 2012.

1. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Hey everyone. I've put up a lot of free Unity goodies. Today is a full free project of a Nascar driving demo. It's pretty decent physics for a Nascar Stock car. The track is based off of Daytona International Speedway.

Anyways, go check out the freebies at www.fatboxsoftware.com, check under the Resources tab.

2. pinchmass

pinchmass

great stuff, love the kart demo, are you planning to put this on the asset store eventually ?

good karma your way >

3. edgley

edgley

Thank you.

4. Archania

Archania

Thank you very much. Nice work too.

5. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Well it's not unbelievably awesome, but it's a good starter for anyone looking to make a car racing game.

6. Shigidy

Shigidy

Awesome free stuff...so can we use the car model?

7. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Yes the car model is covered under Creative Commons license...

"3. License Grant. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, Licensor hereby grants You a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual (for the duration of the applicable copyright) license to exercise the rights in the Work as stated below:

to Reproduce the Work, to incorporate the Work into one or more Collections, and to Reproduce the Work as incorporated in the Collections;
    to create and Reproduce Adaptations provided that any such Adaptation, including any translation in any medium, takes reasonable steps to clearly label, demarcate or otherwise identify that changes were made to the original Work. For example, a translation could be marked 'The original work was translated from English to Spanish,' or a modification could indicate 'The original work has been modified.';
    to Distribute and Publicly Perform the Work including as incorporated in Collections; and,
    to Distribute and Publicly Perform Adaptations.

The above rights may be exercised in all media and formats whether now known or hereafter devised. The above rights include the right to make such modifications as are technically necessary to exercise the rights in other media and formats."

8. dijital

dijital

Young man, you are a god! :)

Any chance of getting the version with the AI?

9. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

@dijital - Yep I'm going to update the project here shortly (within the week). I want to make sure the AI work solid before putting that version of the project up. I also wanted to solve the player car riding up walls as well before releasing the new version.

10. dijital

dijital

Cool,

One thing, I wanted to delete the track and have the car drive around on an empty plane but when i start the scene the car drops straight through the plane, it's the same with a box collider. Is the car set up to only drive around the daytona colider?

Thanks

11. Alex_V

Alex_V

Great (free!) stuff!
    Thanks a lot for your contribution!

12. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Thanks everyone! The issue of the car falling through your plane prob has to do with my setting collision layers in the Unity settings. Just go into those settings in the editor and make sure plane can collide with the wheelcolliders.

13. dijital

dijital

Ahh layers, why do I always forget about layers :)

14. psychicparrot

psychicparrot

Love it! Thank you for sharing! Love the truck physics - really makes me want to make a truck racer :)

15. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

@psychicparrot - I never quite perfected it to be honest, it was an earlier on project while experimenting with the more bouncy aspects of the wheelColliders. We should would on a project part time, pro bono or something. Maybe create something web streaming or even mobile?

This was one demo I was pleased with the wheelCollider setup.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16956434/WebsiteFREEBIES/CarDestroyerWebplayer/WebPlayer.html

@dijital - In your defense normally most folks don't mess with the layers in a tutorial/demo project....I was trying to figure out ways to keep certain things (i.e. wheelColliders from colliding with the side walls).

16. dijital

dijital

Cool, looking forward to the updates!

17. Nirav-Madhani

Nirav-Madhani

Good Work .
    I really appreciate.

18. herofille

herofille

hi , im rally need this free project i cheked your website and i didnt find it ,pleas can you give me link
    im talknig about nascar project