Search Unity

[Free] Ultimate Console

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by stanislav-osipov, Sep 7, 2018.

1. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

One more plugin in our collection :) Meet the Ultimate Console
    1200x630.png

The unity console window is something we use all the time, every workday, well designed and has a lot of cool features. Despite all of that our team was always missing few small additions. And this is how this plugin was born. Our console does everything that unity default console + some additional feature we were missing so bad, see the list below :)

• Search bar - That’s pretty simple. Our console has a search bar, and you can filter output using it.
    • Stack Trace Navigation - Double-click to any stack trace line, and we will get you there.
    • Ignored Classes - You’ve designed your own project logger, but every time you double click logline, it takes you to the logger class instead of the line where you used your logger? Well not anymore, just add your custom project logger to the ignore list
    • Custom Tags - You have “message”, “warning”, “error” by unity default. This console will let you create as many tags as you need. You can also customize the toolbar, and assign custom icons to your tags using the console editor settings
    • Native Logs - Sometimes there is a need to check the logs on the device when no debugger is connected. Or share the log with somebody. We have this as an experimental feature for iOS and it proved to be very useful for us. If you guys will also like it, new platforms will be added!
    • Free & Open Source - Not much I can add to this! I just hope you enjoy our product and it will make your development a little bit easier
    I hope you guys will enjoy using it. And if it will save some time and nerves for you, it's all I wanted to achieve. Also if you need some features, feel free to ask. I can't promise that I will implement ti fast sine plugin is free. But I am going to developing and improving it. So your feedbacks are appreciated!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  2. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Updated to version 2018.3.2
    • Html tags support added (can be enabled or disabled inside editor menu)
    • Search bar now friendly to hotkeys: Ctrl + C, Ctrl + V, Ctrl + A, Ctrl + X, Esc.
    • Autofocus when typing added.

WinterboltGames likes this.
  3. WinterboltGames

WinterboltGames

Is this plug-in able to view the line which the log was sent from?

4. tng2903mm

tng2903mm

something like stacktrace? if so, i think it does support that

5. WinterboltGames

WinterboltGames

I mean to reveal the line of code which the log came from like what editor console pro can do.

6. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Yep, it does. You can navigate through log lines (double-click ) and thought every stack trace line (double-click as well). The plugin is free, just give it a try, and let me know if you have any issues with it.

7. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Just give me a screenshot of how it works / how you want it to work. Could be good feature for an update.

8. tng2903mm

tng2903mm

9. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Okay, I think I may have a switch inside stack trace tab that can change a view from stack trace to shot bullet.

tng2903mm and WinterboltGames like this.
  10. WinterboltGames

WinterboltGames

11. tng2903mm

tng2903mm

Hello @lacost , I've been using Ultimate Console for a short time, and I have 2 little requests:
    - First is to add a shortcut key to open the console, preferably overwrite the default key from Unity
    - Second is to add an option to adjust the height of log line. It's too crammed right now

Also, do you have any plan to public the source code? I tend to edit assets a little (but many places) to my liking :D

12. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey,
    I would love to. But the issues is, I remember myself trying to override Ctrl +B shortcut to start own build flow -> no luck to override Unity pre-defined shortcuts so far.

Also, I would love to override unity editor bottom bar to click to who my console instead Unity one - no luck as well. So if you guys can give me any suggestion how to do it, I would love to.

No problem, you'll get it with the next update. So you want to be able to adjust line padding? How about fond & font size? I had the idea, even had an option like this, but turns out nobody needs it :)

@tng2903mm thx for the feedback.

13. tng2903mm

tng2903mm

Hello,
    Thank you for the suggestion, that will be nice to have :D.
    In my testing, I noticed some issues:
    - Displaying empty console cost a little frame time
    - Displaying console with 5-600 lines of logs cost more frame time than above
    - Logging line to console generate a huge spike in GC

This behavior is happening in my game project so I can't send it to you. I will try to reproduce with an empty project to see if it's not compatible with my game or there is any other issues

14. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey, @tng2903mm thx fro this, I will take into it as well. Any additional info would be appreciated!

15. DeFaler

DeFaler

Hi Stanislav,

I started using the Ultimate Console yesterday and I love it. There's just one small problem. I'm on MacOS, and if I switch "spaces" - in case you don't know, the feature, you can easily switch between different full-screen windows by pressing ctrl+arrow keys, a bit like Windows' 'alt+tab' - the Unity window steals focus back, causing me to flip back and forth between Unity and whatever I really want to see at that moment.

I fixed it for now by commenting out the `FocusWindowIfItsOpen<UCL_ConsoleWindow>()` call in `OnGUI` in the `UCL_ConsoleWindow.cs` because although I do like the idea of this console demanding focus when Unity is in the foreground and I'm hovering over it, it should not pull me back to Unity if Unity is not rendering in the foreground at all. I'm not too familiar with Editor scripting, but I can imagine you immediately knowing the answer to this.

Aside from this minor issue, I love it - thanks for your hard work and giving to the community!

16. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Hey, thx a lot for the feedback and the report will defiantly fix this!

17. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

@DeFaler thx for your report just wanted to let you know that issue is fixed, and I will submit an update to the Asset Store today.
    Cheers!

18. DeFaler

DeFaler

Great, thank you!

19. stanislav-osipov

stanislav-osipov

Small update: version is already released.