Search Unity

Free Simple Random Dungeon Generator, Canabalt Jump Start, and Simple AI Behaviors..

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by spg, Jan 25, 2011.

1. spg

spg

2. PrimeDerektive

PrimeDerektive

I remember when you first posted this in the showcase; I love your AI behaviors. I used them as a starting point for a configurable finite state machine script for all my AI enemies, and added some basic obstacle avoidance. When I'm finished with my prototype I'll show you :)

3. mikesgames

mikesgames

this is awesome!

Thank you!

---
    edit - this is this section of the forum's 100th post!

4. DavidB

DavidB

I love that Canabalt-style jump framework. Nicely done!

5. spg

spg

Thanks for the feedback guys... I have a question - is there any particular jump start that you would want to see next? If so let me know, I have a lot of fun making these!

6. mikesgames

mikesgames

I think we need a Sonic style running, jumping,etc next!

7. PrimeDerektive

PrimeDerektive

I'd like to see a state-based AI using a combination of your AI examples, maybe with some basic raycast obstacle avoidance, and some different states based on different conditions (attack, seek, chase, wander, flee)? Preferably using a clean state machine setup with ienumerable. I know i mentioned that I did one, but its sloppy and doesn't perform very well (I'm no programmer :) ).

8. Talon_T

Talon_T

Sweet that dungeon one is awesome! I may end up using it for a project in the future.

If you want to work on a good jumpstart I'd say a Diablo style inventory where stuff takes up a few spaces rather than a WoW style inventory where everything is just one slot.
    There are a few WoW style inventory systems and a couple final fantasy systems that I've seen but no Diablo ones yet

9. ColossalDuck

ColossalDuck

The WOW one is pretty close to the Diablo one though, a little modification and BAM, done.

10. mr. wrong

mr. wrong

This is gold. Thanks spg.

11. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

Plus 1000! Thanks!

12. Zone

Zone

@spg

Hey dude those are great!
    I was wondering if you would be able to put together a pikmin style AI function.
    When the player goes over top of a character it follows the player, unless it gets killed.

13. kweiko

kweiko

^____^
    Thank you!!

14. rhianu

rhianu

I like the idea of a diablo style inventory project for the next jump-start. Or heck, any kind of inventory. Perhaps the project could contain some easily changeable variables to change the way the inventory functions?

Nice stuff, by the way. I haven't looked at anything except the random dungeon generator, but given the quality of the random dungeon generator I'm sure your other stuff is awesome, too. :)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  15. spg

spg

16. PrimeDerektive

PrimeDerektive

Maybe you could add some tasty raycast obstacle avoidance to your AI behaviors. All the solutions I seem to find tend to be jittery.

17. El Beno

El Beno

I have downloaded it, but every time I try to open the Unity project it is in, it crashes. Do you know why this might happen?

18. kweiko

kweiko

Could be you're using the wrong version of Unity (?)

19. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

Maybe a flight sim?

20. bgivenb

bgivenb

This is awsome! I might actually use your A.I

21. spg

spg

Just so you guys know, I added a couple of other cool, free projects recently:

Progress: A free achievement framework. If you want Xbox360-style achievements or PS3-style trophies in your game, then check this out:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/80731-Progress-A-Free-Achievement-Framework-for-Unity-(source-included)

Armory - A free stat/equipment/buff/debuff framework.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/80172-Armory-%96-A-Free-(and-Unfinished)-Stat-Equipment-and-Buff-Debuff-Framework-for-Unity

22. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

spg makes me want to put together an offline single player version of Guild Wars :D

Also, how much to buy your brain from you?

23. spg

spg

Brain is NOT for sale. At least I don't think it is, but I did hear one time that everybody has a price =)

24. Vitalii

Vitalii

Nice stuff, man.
    You definetely have a talent: demos are simple, but effective.

25. J-F

J-F

Just asking, Will the dungeon generator script run without the state manager or any other scripts?