Search Unity

[FREE RELEASE] Universal Video Texture LITE

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by kahalany, Nov 21, 2012.

1. kahalany

kahalany

$Big_00001_Lite.png

Ever needed to use a video in Unity but couldn't afford unity pro?

This neat little package will enable you to use any sequence of image files as a video texture while letting you control the frame rate, aspect ratio and other handy features to tweak for your specific needs. And if an audio source is attached it'll be played in perfect sync with your image sequence just like any common video file.

This is a subset of the full version available in the asset store

Works on PC / Mac, Web, iOS and Android both with Unity Free and Unity Pro.

Optimized for performance across all platforms.

If you find it useful please check out the full version and the full featured web demos below:

Demo 1 - Material UVT
    Demo 2 - Full Screen UVT

Universal Video Texture - Full Version thread

$VersionComparison1_75.jpg

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
    bhavesh-bhimani likes this.
  2. shaderx

shaderx

what are the differences between this and the full version?

3. kahalany

kahalany

Version comparison posted.

Edit: Version comparison corrected (Image sequence length)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  4. kahalany

kahalany

Version 1.1 is now available:

- Added the ability to rewind and replay the video at any point during playback.
    - Minor bug fix.

5. SkermunkelStudios

SkermunkelStudios

Hi kahalany, downloaded the lite version andam considering the full version, however I cant seem to get the lite version to work. I imported everything, added the script to the camera as well as place the file sequence under the correct folder (tried the resources file generated by UVT as well as my own resources folder in the root asset folder). I also remebered to set my digits, frame rate and start/end frames yet I still get a blank screen no matter what I do. Please I would appreciate any and all help, thanx man.

6. kahalany

kahalany

Hi XmachinaX.

A couple of questions:

Do you have more than one camera in the scene, if so did you set the cam depth accordingly?
    Are you trying to build for a Flash platform? (UVT doensn't currently support Flash)
    What resolution are your images and how long is your sequence?

From what you've described it should work as advertised.

Royie

7. SkermunkelStudios

SkermunkelStudios

Hi kahalany,

I only have one camera in the scene, but Im not quite sure how to set thye camera depth will google that. No Im not building on a Flash platform. My images resolution are at 1024x512 (which is the highest recommended res for UVT but it should still work.

8. kahalany

kahalany

XMachinaX. Seems like something is broken with your meta data. Could you send me your project so i can delve into it?
    If not, try starting a fresh project and reimport your images.

9. SkermunkelStudios

SkermunkelStudios

K, cause I tried setting the depth and it didnt do much, dont know if sending my project would help much as I am using quite a few asset store plugins, as well as the size of the project is quite big, I will try import it into another scene as well as try to do what I want with the video texture in a new scene and try to export it to my scene, if that doesnt work Ill let you know and maybe send you a new scene using just the video textures. Thanx for the help tho.

P.S. is ther anyway to reset the metadata somehow?

10. kahalany

kahalany

I'm not sure, might have to google on that. I usually take the fresh project approach.

11. Sir-Gatlin

Sir-Gatlin

Hey Machina, I was having the same problem and the fix for me was the Digits Format, the amount of Zeros there has to match the number of digits in your image sequence. For the sample project and the project I was making there were 5 digits where the default script only gives 4. I hope this helps!

12. kahalany

kahalany

Yup. Digits Format is one of the biggest gotchas in UVT.
    When everything seems fine but nothing plays on the screen this is the first thing to check for.

Make sure your files match the digits format.

13. Darkoo

Darkoo

I got this plugin and it's pretty simple to use, also the universal part is great.. But file size wise the game will be much bigger depending of video frames..
    my image sequence contains 500+ jpg files of size ~27 kb and in unity they are turned into 300kb becouse of gpu required compression.. tested everything and no chance to get it to the same size as original file..

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  14. kahalany

kahalany

Indeed, Darkoo. GPU compression for real time playback takes much more space than PNG or JPG. However you can reduce your texture size up to 30% if you turn off mipmapping.